Mega/BLS plastic gears to BLX metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg
I'm gonna tackle the mega diff conversion.
These are the parts listed in the thread, I'm just wondering if I will need bearings, or will they convert from the other gearbox?

Anybody see anything else I might be missing (besides diff oil) ?

Thanks!!

Started the tear down tonight. To anyone doing this, make sure you have replacement hex head screws to put back in. These philips heads sure are a big PITA !!
I think I have all the hex heads I need, so hopefully going back together is nice and smooth!!!

What's up! Csholcomb11 thanks for the reply, yeah the dogbones I need are soposto be shorter and about the mod1 that's 1/8 scale gearing or bigger the main gear that about almost 80% of Rc us is 48p then follows 32p and then mod1 that's what I'm running 34t and 36t 1700kv 6s. And the advantage of the mod1 is that I can deliver as much power transfer from motor to tranny with out worries of stripping the gears that's why I'm working on beefier cvd's. Since I locked the diff I know for a fact that the dogbones are next ahahaha! There's a pic of the different size pinions.View attachment 1364
What's up! Csholcomb11 thanks for the reply, yeah the dogbones I need are soposto be shorter and about the mod1 that's 1/8 scale gearing or bigger the main gear that about almost 80% of Rc us is 48p then follows 32p and then mod1 that's what I'm running 34t and 36t 1700kv 6s. And the advantage of the mod1 is that I can deliver as much power transfer from motor to tranny with out worries of stripping the gears that's why I'm working on beefier cvd's. Since I locked the diff I know for a fact that the dogbones are next ahahaha! There's a pic of the different size pinions.View attachment 1364
I know this post is a little old but I'm new to all this rc stuff. I'm trying to get this gearing thing down. Could you dumb down this set up for me? Which one is the Pinion/Spur + tooth count? What did you do for the internal gears ect.? As much info as possible for a newbie to understand. Lol!

Started the tear down tonight. To anyone doing this, make sure you have replacement hex head screws to put back in. These philips heads sure are a big PITA !!
I think I have all the hex heads I need, so hopefully going back together is nice and smooth!!!

Hi

You will also need this screw
screw.jpg

I also just purchased a granite brush now try in to go brushless I'm having the hardest time try in to figure out how to upgrade the gears or what parts do I need so the list of parts you have listed is what s needed to accomplish this

Hey Guys,

Just did this conversion this past weekend and swapped out the stock motor and ESC with a Turnigy Trackstar brushless set-up. The only part missing from the above list (I think) is the BLX motor guard, which is on it's way. Thanks to all who posted, it was very helpful!

Which one of the trackstar combos?
I had the 3520kv version in my Fury once.
It is a tad less powerful than the 3600kv BLX set from the mark I BLX.

But beware of two issues:
  1. 3S will burn the Esc. 2S max.
  2. The BEC is only 1.0 Amp. The BLX outputs 2.0 Amps. Any non stock servo (upgrade) will eventually burn out the esc too. Lost two of them

I also just purchased a granite brush now try in to go brushless I'm having the hardest time try in to figure out how to upgrade the gears or what parts do I need so the list of parts you have listed is what s needed to accomplish this

If you have the newest version of the Granite (as shown on the ARRMA website) than it comes with an updated gearbox that is used in both the ARRMA brushed and brushless versions of the Granite and Fury. As long as you don't get too crazy, than you should be able to upgrade to brushless with the stock gear box. It's important to be sure that the slipper is set correctly. A good ball park setting is 3 full turns loose. A lot of posts about gearbox problems and going to an all metal set up are usually in regards to the older versions of the Granite and Fury.

Best regards,
Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back