Lipo Checkers.. how to secure them to stay on while driving ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
The subject is the 64,000 dollar question.. How can you keep a Lipo checker on the balance cable while running the car.. I have lost a few Venom lipo checkers.. so i went and bought a 10 pack of chinese lipo checkers.. ( which suck ) but i keep losing those.. I haven't read the manual to my Senton totally.. but i don't think the Blx 185 has a adjustable cut off does it ? or does it just cut off at a set voltage .. I ran my truck today without the lipo checker and actually forgot to bring one with me.. so i was very timid after running it for about 30 min to keep going or not.. HA.. when i got home they read 3.80.. Storage mode achieved ! :p

Any help is appreciated,

Chris

( p.s. i run SMC - Racing 3s 4300mah ( 40c- 80c burst ) x 2..... )

SCO-414-DC-2.jpg

Hmmm... are you just looking for something different than tape or are you having trouble with tape not holding good enough? If it is the later, you are not applying it correctly. I have learned the hard way that if you cover the entire back side of one with that tape it literally pulls off the shrink wrap if you try to remove it. I have since been only covering about half of it so I can get the damn thing off without destroying it.

Hmmm... are you just looking for something different than tape or are you having trouble with tape not holding good enough? If it is the later, you are not applying it correctly. I have learned the hard way that if you cover the entire back side of one with that tape it literally pulls off the shrink wrap if you try to remove it. I have since been only covering about half of it so I can get the damn thing off without destroying it.

To be dead honest.. i have never tried tape..the venom lipo is in a plastic housing .. i suppose i could just wrap tape around that and the wires.. Does the ESC not have a voltage cutoff ?

That is double sided tape if you didn't realize it. No wrapping anything, just put a small piece or two on there and stick it to something. Lightly scuff any shiny surface and clean with alcohol before applying.

Here is how I have mine currently... up on its side so I can read the voltage through the wheel well and also attach it to the balance tap without removing the body. One small piece of tape underneath and one small piece between it and the esc. It has survived this way through countless parts-breaking cartwheels.

LVC is like a reserve parachute. You only want to rely on it when your primary means of lipo voltage detection fails. You will do damage if you hit LVC on a regular basis, it is far too low.

IMG_4540.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back