Outcast Light 6s grunt !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool...pitty its not a hardcase.... But that should go good.... Let me know how it goes :)
I still haven't got my cars back out to run the bashers again yet !!! Had a busy couple of weekends....
Hopefully i can get out tomorrow... If not it wont be til next weekend :-S
I widend my typhon and put 2.8 trenchers in it and have finally swapped my kraton to the 14t from the 12 so really need to test them out
I'll let u know how it goes when it arrives. You must be hanging to bash em after the mods !!!

Finally got the cars out today !!!
The kraton in 14t is way better ! ....but the motor was ar 65c after one run on 4s... It was about 18c with a bit of rain around today so im thinking summer time i'll be back to a 12t.
And the typhon on 2.8 trenchers... Not bad but has lost some of its buggyness... They were ballooning pretty bad too. Theyll be great on gravel and grass but the buggy tyres will be back on for the bmx track next time. And Mas hobbies has a few outcasts back in stock.... I feel a lay buy coming on ! :-D

Finally got the cars out today !!!
The kraton in 14t is way better ! ....but the motor was ar 65c after one run on 4s... It was about 18c with a bit of rain around today so im thinking summer time i'll be back to a 12t.
And the typhon on 2.8 trenchers... Not bad but has lost some of its buggyness... They were ballooning pretty bad too. Theyll be great on gravel and grass but the buggy tyres will be back on for the bmx track next time. And Mas hobbies has a few outcasts back in stock.... I feel a lay buy coming on ! :-D
My LHS had an Outcast there as well a new shipment must have come in. DO it buy one you will love it there Mental !!!
My battery came in today nice size and weight !!
Solder on a XT 90 and I'll give it a floging :)
IMG_3795.JPG

My LHS had an Outcast there as well a new shipment must have come in. DO it buy one you will love it there Mental !!!
My battery came in today nice size and weight !!
Solder on a XT 90 and I'll give it a floging :)
View attachment 10253

Sweet ! Hopefully the battery goes good and the car flies high ! :-D
Im gonna stop in at mas on friday to see if he still has any outcast left... Really want one just for something in between the typhon and kraton.
Found a new park about 10 minutes from me too.... Lots of dirt/grass hills and bumps and a bit of a rundown bmx track in the middle ! Not much of a track but all the jumps are there... Should be a fun new playground for the cars :-D

Sweet ! Hopefully the battery goes good and the car flies high ! :-D
Im gonna stop in at mas on friday to see if he still has any outcast left... Really want one just for something in between the typhon and kraton.
Found a new park about 10 minutes from me too.... Lots of dirt/grass hills and bumps and a bit of a rundown bmx track in the middle ! Not much of a track but all the jumps are there... Should be a fun new playground for the cars :-D
Nice why not she'll fit right in !! I think I get a typhon next I've always been keen !! That spot sounds mad !! There hard to come by. Post some pics when you bash it !!!

Nice why not she'll fit right in !! I think I get a typhon next I've always been keen !! That spot sounds mad !! There hard to come by. Post some pics when you bash it !!!
Will do :)
Typhon is great... More racer than basher tho. But thats why i bought it.. wanted a fast race buggy. I swear it does a 100 sitting on my shelf ! Haha...
Question for ya on the outcast battery tray...
Most of my batteries have the cables come out of the middle and not the side... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-2s2p-40c-hardcase-pack-roar-approved.html
Will they fit the outcast tray ?? Looks like long velcro strap might squish the cables ?

Will do :)
Typhon is great... More racer than basher tho. But thats why i bought it.. wanted a fast race buggy. I swear it does a 100 sitting on my shelf ! Haha...
Question for ya on the outcast battery tray...
Most of my batteries have the cables come out of the middle and not the side... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-2s2p-40c-hardcase-pack-roar-approved.html
Will they fit the outcast tray ?? Looks like long velcro strap might squish the cables ?
I reckon it would do 100 on the shelf !! Imagine it with Kraton A Arms and 3.7 backflips on it !! Madness ha ha !! The tray is sweet I run a turnigy graphene 6000mah 6s brick horizontal with the cables in the middle. I've added an extra side strap
that hold it easily. The middle strap, I just pull it to the side for a bit of extra support. The Kraton tray is giving me grief would love the Outcast one in it ! I just bought a Kraton two runs in her hopefully you can help me with a few questions Cheers !!

I reckon it would do 100 on the shelf !! Imagine it with Kraton A Arms and 3.7 backflips on it !! Madness ha ha !! The tray is sweet I run a turnigy graphene 6000mah 6s brick horizontal with the cables in the middle. I've added an extra side strap
that hold it easily. The middle strap, I just pull it to the side for a bit of extra support. The Kraton tray is giving me grief would love the Outcast one in it ! I just bought a Kraton two runs in her hopefully you can help me with a few questions Cheers !!

Cool.. Good to know they should fit ok :)
Your kraton go ok ??
Should be able to fit an outcast tray in there pretty easy.

Cool.. Good to know they should fit ok :)
Your kraton go ok ??
Should be able to fit an outcast tray in there pretty easy.
She's a beast I love it !!!
Soldered on the XT90 tonight on the "light" 6s took her for a spin out the front of my house it goes hard ended doing 50 meters on the roof ha ha !!
Do u know how the Kraton goes with the Outcast wheelie bar on it ???

Haha.. Cool ! :-D
No idea on the wheelie bar.... I have one on order... But still not in :-/
I think it should go alright... I keep hitting the wing which is why i ordered one.
Not sure how the rear diff will go doing wheelies with it all the time being longer than the outcast tho.
I should just get one off ebay.. Theres a few on here at the moment :)

Haha.. Cool ! :-D
No idea on the wheelie bar.... I have one on order... But still not in :-/
I think it should go alright... I keep hitting the wing which is why i ordered one.
Not sure how the rear diff will go doing wheelies with it all the time being longer than the outcast tho.
I should just get one off ebay.. Theres a few on here at the moment :)
Tower has them in stock just ordered one. It'll probably take a week or two to get here though !!

Cool... What did it work out with postage ??
Ive seen a full wing/mount/wheelie combo for about 50 bucks on ebay

Cool... What did it work out with postage ??
Ive seen a full wing/mount/wheelie combo for about 50 bucks on ebay
The postage was about $5 I think . I got a new one for the Outcast as well !!
IMG_3798.jpg
How good are the eBay chop shops. There must b money in buying em pulling apart and re selling every part. Jenny RC is a good one

Last edited:
The postage was about $5 I think . I got a new one for the Outcast as well !!
View attachment 10267
How good are the eBay chop shops. There must b money in buying em pulling apart and re selling every part. Jenny RC is a good one
Nice price ! Will have to order some...
And yep... Jrc is where i get most of my spares.
I build a traxxas rustler/bandit buying parts from them and it worked out cheaper than buying the car here :)
Just got some spare kraton shocks from them the other day too

Nice price ! Will have to order some...
And yep... Jrc is where i get most of my spares.
I build a traxxas rustler/bandit buying parts from them and it worked out cheaper than buying the car here :)
Just got some spare kraton shocks from them the other day too
Hey T I took the Kraton to the skate bowl to break he virginity. Had the T to T brace on and the new battery the thing was mad. After 4 or 5 big jumps and a back flip snapped the rear chassis brace. I didn't think it was possible with the T to T brace on? Obviously is. I've read posts about what's better Hot racing or GKA cnc chassis braces what are your thoughts ? Have u installed them ? Ive seen GKA have a nut and bolt on there new braces, where it's fixed to the chassis to stop screw snapping in the thread

Hey T I took the Kraton to the skate bowl to break he virginity. Had the T to T brace on and the new battery the thing was mad. After 4 or 5 big jumps and a back flip snapped the rear chassis brace. I didn't think it was possible with the T to T brace on? Obviously is. I've read posts about what's better Hot racing or GKA cnc chassis braces what are your thoughts ? Have u installed them ? Ive seen GKA have a nut and bolt on there new braces, where it's fixed to the chassis to stop screw snapping in the thread
Really !?? Wow ! Must have been a hard hit ? Or did it land sideways or something ?
I haven't put any alloy bits on mine... So far the flex has stopped any major breakage.
If i do break the braces at any stage tho i'll go with the gka ones... I msgd him on facebook and he got back to me with prices pretty quick and they look like good quality. The nut and bolt sounds like a good idea too :)

Vas has a video on aussie rc with the gka stuff on his kraton too... Worth having a watch... Looks a fair bit stiffer.

Really !?? Wow ! Must have been a hard hit ? Or did it land sideways or something ?
I haven't put any alloy bits on mine... So far the flex has stopped any major breakage.
If i do break the braces at any stage tho i'll go with the gka ones... I msgd him on facebook and he got back to me with prices pretty quick and they look like good quality. The nut and bolt sounds like a good idea too :)

Vas has a video on aussie rc with the gka stuff on his kraton too... Worth having a watch... Looks a fair bit stiffer.
Thanks !! How good is Vas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back