Kraton Leopard or Hobby Star brushless motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, what did u do for the connectors to the esc. Did u change both to a diffrent 1 or did u go with the connectors on the motor or vise versa? I just baught the same motor and need to switch out the leads, thanks

Major difference. Tons of torque ,can run larger pinion, faster and runs much cooler. I'll be putting long can motors in all my trucks.
I'm glad! :D just ordered the same leo 4092 1730 ...
Did you Shim under that long cans like Thomas P. said!? And what larger pinion it can take? Or you run? 18T 20T or larger than that's seems maybe crazy!

Wish I had seen this thread sooner. I have the leo 4292 1480kv running 6s and I apparently got a bad one because all I get is extreme heat even when running 15/50 gearing. Vanning would gear his same motor at 20/50 and run nice and cool all day. I would hit 200 degrees before even going thru a single charge.
My new Hobbystar 4292 1480kv should be here by tomorrow and will update with the temps.
Leo 4292 for sale on fleabay soon!

I like the HobbyStar motor much more in general, nice in black, 4mm mounting holes, nicer machining on the end bells, much better wires with 6.5 mm connectors, less money and most important it is running about thirty degrees cooler than the Leo is!.

Attachments

• 20170816_170243.jpg
    20170816_170243.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 105
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back