Kraton Kraton Shock Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonG

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton rear springs too short and provide little to no pre-load adjustment.
Adjusted almost all the way down.
Stock are 84mm long seems like 90mm-95mm length is needed.
Anybody have any suggestions for longer springs that might work?
Thanks

Interestingly enough, I feel the same way about the Talion's rear springs - the front end would stick way up and the rear would sit on it's haunches like a dog begging for treats (nice analogy, right?). I recently tried some Duratrax 84mm medium springs (link) and it was a -little- better, but still not enough. I am also interested in hearing what others may have tried.

Tekno springs, stiffer and a little longer then stock. Not long enough for some but they are the most common replacement springs. I use the orange(most stiff) , others use yellow (yellow and orange what most people use that go tekno) and recently one guy posted saying he uses pink.(least stiff)
SpringChart_Truggy2.jpg

Awesome thanks BigSplit

After doing some digging around tonight looks like Kyosho ST-RR 95mm big bore springs will work.

IF348-1114: Green - 11 turns/1.4 wire (2.46lb-in / 439.58 n/m)
IF348-1014: Light Blue - 10 turns/1.4 wire (2.76lb-in / 494.53 n/m)
IF348-1316: White - 13 turns/1.6 wire (3.36lb-in / 596.52 n/m)
IF348-1216: Purple - 12 turns/1.6 wire (3.70lb-in / 656.17 n/m)
IF348-1116: Light Green - 11 turns/1.6 wire (4.11lb-in / 729.08 n/m)
IF349-1016: Blue - 10 turns/1.6 wire (4.62lb-in / 820.22 n/m)
IF348-916: Red - 9 turns/1.6 wire (5.28lb-in / 937.39 n/m)

The Kyosho ST-RR fronts are 84mm which is too long for kraton front.
Someone runs Kyosho blue in rear and the 80mm tekno yellow in the front.
That looks like a good combo.

I plan on running a MMM2 2200KV on 4s 5000mah battery.

So was thinking:
1. Kyosho 95mm blue 4.6 rear with tekno 80mm yellow 5.6 front
2. Kyosho 95mm light green 4.1 with tekno 80mm green 5.1 front

Any suggestions would help

Thanks

If my math is correct the stock spring rates are
rear 84mm 57gF/mm (3.1lb/in)
front 76mm 73.6gF/mm (4.1lb/in)

Jason your measurements are correct. I did that exact same thing, see my response below, with a kyosho chart

Hey there, yes I also bent my front shock rod.

I changed the fluid to 80 up front and 60 in the back.

Also added Kyosho Blue Shocks front and back (stiffest ones I could find)

This is the perfect setup. I was gapping the triples at the local BMX track and it was flawless.

Google this for the springs.
IF350-716 (front)
Kyosho IF348-1016 (rears)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-13-22-37-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-13-22-37-47.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 251
I just ordered those kyosho blue front and rear 95mm springs

What shock oil are you running with those ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1461629817][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just ordered those kyosho blue front and rear 95mm springs

What shock oil are you running with those ?
Edit..

80wt front
60wt rear

Is that so the rear springs up slower?

When I fix the shock shaft will put Team Associated 50wt (650cst) stock is (550cst)
A little heavier oil for the stiffer Tekno springs.
Seems ok could probably go 60wt in the front.
Stock 550cst is about 44wt.

I picked up a set of Associated SC8 springs for my Senton , front and rear, 3 rates per axle. I ended up putting front 100mm springs on the the front and rear. I am very pleased with how it's sitting, and the handling on the track. With the rear 95-100mm springs, you have a spring that's tall enough to keep it from slouching, but not too crazy stiff.

For springs, my research has pointed me to the Thunder Tiger MT4 springs (which are difficult to find now) or the Tekno TK6081 rear and TK6092 fronts.

Ran for the first time this weekend with the tekno springs and 60wt shock oil all around.

The stance is much improved and the truggy no longer "squats" backwards.

Happy with the changes.

hey Swerny ,any chance you got pictures with the new springs installed ? or can take some ? if so i just started a thread about kraton springs /pictures . add them there if you can

looking for more like a lid off picture .but thanks just the same ...didnt the kraton come with any spring spacers?? i got to go look i don't remember

Mt4 springs definitely do not fit the Kraton, I just finished pulling them off mt4 tried to fit them , mt4 springs are a smaller diameter than the kratons

Interestingly enough, I feel the same way about the Talion's rear springs - the front end would stick way up and the rear would sit on it's haunches like a dog begging for treats (nice analogy, right?). I recently tried some Duratrax 84mm medium springs (link) and it was a -little- better, but still not enough. I am also interested in hearing what others may have tried.
i use 90mm orange in back and put the back stock springs in front....

I picked up a set of Associated SC8 springs for my Senton , front and rear, 3 rates per axle. I ended up putting front 100mm springs on the the front and rear. I am very pleased with how it's sitting, and the handling on the track. With the rear 95-100mm springs, you have a spring that's tall enough to keep it from slouching, but not too crazy stiff.

What exact spring is it because there are a few types for the sc8

There is a guy on YouTube that takes 2 stock springs and winds them together....then installs them both into one shock. He shows some big air with it and it seems to work well. I'm not so sure I would do it but it's just interesting to see what he did.

I don't know if anybody is following this anymore but I just got a kraton for my birthday. I ordered these springs to try.

Kyosho IS106-916
Kyosho IF348-1116

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back