Servo Mount Upgrade for Arrma Kraton, Talion and Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did this upgrade, but I used the original Servo arm and it matched up well. Only issue was holes lining up for servo plate, just loosened the bottom posts to get the plate on and it worked out well.

I just did this upgrade, but I used the original Servo arm and it matched up well. Only issue was holes lining up for servo plate, just loosened the bottom posts to get the plate on and it worked out well.

I got it to fit with a diy mount perfectly, just had an issue wiring it. Did u use a glitch buster? Did u have to do any programming to the ESC?

I use the glitch buster (GB) but it really isn't necessary, most ESC's provide enough power for everything. All the GB is, is a capacitor to store power. It fit in the receiver box. Reprogramming, no, none was needed, the server picks up the signal, smother turning control is what I have noticed. Now I have to research for a new transmitter, the one that came with the Kraton is ok but speed control could be better.

Started to mod my stock servo mount. This is what I have so far. I'm still getting rocking but it's more the grommets than the mount.

20170122_185839.jpg

Just drilled the stock mount from the bottom. Removed one-screw at a time, drilled and installed M3X28mm counter sunk screws

20170122_191352.jpg
20170122_185000.jpg
20170122_185855.jpg
If you remove stock 12mm screws one at a tinme you can drill it out from the bottom, and install the longer screw. You can do all 4 screws without removing the servo.

Attachments

• 20170122_191435.jpg
    20170122_191435.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 123
If you're tried of all the flex in the servo mount while turning in the Arrma Kraton this servo mount upgrade will certainly fix the flex issue.

Parts used:
The results speak for themselves...

View attachment 4
View attachment 2
View attachment 3

Thanks to Primal for sharing.
I have the Savox 1210, & mounted as shown in the pics ,it's taller than those aluminum posts by about the width of that servo plate....I'll have to find some spacers.The servo (savox1210sg)itself is to wide to fit in that plate, a little touch up with a dremmel to the plate and all is good. We'll worth the upgrade-seems bulletproof now.

Attachments

• 20170124_180143.jpg
    20170124_180143.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hey all, new here, just got my kraton, and looking to suss out all of the weak points on it. I ordered the servo plate and a handful of brass m3x30 hex standoffs instead of the aluminum standoffs as they are on serious backorder.
I also have the Hot Racing front/back braces being shipped to me as we speak (anyone using them?).
Looking to get the T-bone racing bumpers purchased soon too.

Ill let you know if the brass works, but there is also aluminum standoffs with flanged hex ends on amazon for a good price, but I want it strong! From my quad building experience I know aluminum standoffs are strong, but prone to catastrophic failure when the steel bolt strips the aluminum like butter when crashing...err..flying.

Wow!! is there no place to get a Servo Mount other than doing the DIY project?? Having difficulty figuring out what way to go. I have screwed up two stock servo before ordering a savox.

Had to take my SW1210SG apart to get it to fit into my GKA brace.

So much better than stock, might not even return my broken stock in on warranty. Don't wanna have to pay the shipping lol

If you're tried of all the flex in the servo mount while turning in the Arrma Kraton this servo mount upgrade will certainly fix the flex issue.

Parts used:
The results speak for themselves...

View attachment 4
View attachment 2
View attachment 3

Thanks to Primal for sharing.
hey do you know if this servo mount fits a savox 1270tg because i tried instaling my savox to the stock mount and i am having those flex issues u speak of as well as and incomplete range of motion when i tested d servo when i make a left or right turn.I guess i should add that i installed it with a axial 25t servo horn ples ur input would be great help!!

Had to take my SW1210SG apart to get it to fit into my GKA brace.

So much better than stock, might not even return my broken stock in on warranty. Don't wanna have to pay the shipping lol
yes that has to be done to all the savox servos

Because i'm impatient i made my own servo plate, i had 30mm posts at home, what i saw after the build that the original mount is shorter, and with the 30mm posts you mount the servo under the plate, why not just get a 25mm posts and mount on top?

I decided to cut the posts to around 25mm and mount on top, don't get why buy the expensive axial posts, there is lots of cheaper ones like this one.

Attachments

• servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 141
  • servo2.jpg
    servo2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 138
  • servo3.jpg
    servo3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 138
  • servo4.jpg
    servo4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20170206_204030.jpg
    20170206_204030.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 130
I did the same thing RCklir did, cut down my posts. Btw, the brass hex posts were a resounding success! I didn't like the look of it being mounted under the plate. The brass posts, and aluminum plate are ROCK solid. My only minor problem would be the plate sits way close to the servo 3-wire coming out of the esc. Im going to work on getting something to space it so nothing shorts.

The other thing is now that you have control of the car your driving tactics change ....and the saver where there bearings are put a shim in to stop the rocking and up and down motion ...it should help
Hey all, new here, just got my kraton, and looking to suss out all of the weak points on it. I ordered the servo plate and a handful of brass m3x30 hex standoffs instead of the aluminum standoffs as they are on serious backorder.
I also have the Hot Racing front/back braces being shipped to me as we speak (anyone using them?).
Looking to get the T-bone racing bumpers purchased soon too.

Ill let you know if the brass works, but there is also aluminum standoffs with flanged hex ends on amazon for a good price, but I want it strong! From my quad building experience I know aluminum standoffs are strong, but prone to catastrophic failure when the steel bolt strips the aluminum like butter when crashing...err..flying.
where did you order the braces? I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back