Talion Just picked up a Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I made the switch from nitro to electric and bought a new Talion. Really can't wait to run. Currently I have only a 4s, I think it's 30c. Will that be alright to get me started?

I also have the newer Talion :)
4S is plenty to have fun, on 6S it's a bit crazy and might overheat too fast.

30C might be a little too low. Arrma itself recommend 35C but going for at least 50C might be a better idea.

So I took alittle rip this morning. I did notice the on/off switch is backwards on the truck lol

Hey Yeroc

The Talion will not dissapoint you!

A great upgrade which makes the Talion more awesome than it already is are the dBoots Backflip MT tyres

20170612_194259.jpg

Much more traction and can travel over much rougher terrain

You can also run on 5s if you change to NiMh mode in the ESC and use a Lipo voltage alarm.

I run on 6s with the optional speed pinion 15T i believe with the bigger Backflip MT tyres and have not had any overheating issues at all.

Last edited:
I just ordered 2 SMC 3s 5200mah 90c. Should be better than my 4s 30c lol. Can't wait to try it with 15t pinion

I just ordered 2 SMC 3s 5200mah 90c. Should be better than my 4s 30c lol. Can't wait to try it with 15t pinion

Night and day difference between running these rigs on 6s versus 4s. I only have 35c rated Lipos I can only imagine 90c will be outrageously fast. And the 15T pinion's performance is worth the time and effort it takes to swap it in over the stock 13T. Especially since 5s on the 15T is awesome enough.

6s has had no negative effect on my diffs however I have replaced the stock oil in the front and rear diffs with Lithium grease and 300K silicone oil in the center diff. Grease for less wear and tear and the 300k as it evens out power delivery between the front and rear.

Last edited:
I can't imagine 300k in a diff. I'm running 15k in the center and I can still get it to stand up even on 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back