Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Insanely LOUD

Discussion in 'Typhon' started by Elemental277, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Elemental277

Elemental277 Member

Literally just got this thing so just checking but......

Half throttle sounds fine like a normal r/c car and then if you floor it, it literally sounds like multiple swarms of killer bees. Like neighbor's dogs start barking. And that's on 4S.

The Hobbytown where I picked it up checked the mesh out of the gate and said it was good to go so I haven't touched anything.

It may as well be a nitro. Is this normal??

2. Elemental277

Elemental277 Member

PS the largest scale I have messed with is 10th and it was a VXL Stampede which wasn't silent by any means but it was a church mouse compared to the Typhon.

3. chevys10zr2003

chevys10zr2003 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton, Typhon
    Can you take a video of it running? I'm guessing that it is fine but a video would let other people listen to it. The noise is from the entire drivetrain being metal. The Traxxas vehicles have some plastic parts in the drivetrain which makes them a lot quiter.

4. Trillium

Trillium Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    sounds about normal to me, metal gearing makes it sound like something from war of the worlds. You should hear her scream on 6s, i think a dolphin dies somewhere everytime you hit full throttle then

5. Megasty

Megasty Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    My Yeti XL was the loudest I had. It made a screaming banshee sound. I thought it was possessed. Then I put a Castle XLX-2028 in my X-Maxx, it sounds like a chainsaw :eek:

6. Elemental277

Elemental277 Member

Cool. I'm sure everything is fine then. Just different from previous rides. Definitely not good for the dolphin population.

By comparison, I picked up a 14th scale Tacon Soar Brushless a few weeks ago and once it's 15 feet away you can't hear it.

7. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon
    Yup, Normal.
    Steel pinion, steel spur, steel dogbones, they all make noise. It can be kind of annoying running around the street. Back when I ran 6s, though, I loved the 'swarm of killer bees" sound it made at +50mph.

8. nulli

nulli Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    My (shimmed) Kraton sounds really loud when close by but me likes it.

9. Elemental277

Elemental277 Member

I'm getting used to it now. Definitely sounds higher quality than a lot that's out there b/c of all of the metal.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer