Outcast How to clean your Outcast like a brand new!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Tools: :)
Tooth brush+ Make Up Brushes (Lucky me my Wife get a new set)
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 5.17.10 PM.jpeg tools.jpeg

Few hours of cleaning on this:eek:

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 5.27.47 PM(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 5.27.47 PM(2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 5.27.47 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 5.27.47 PM(3).jpeg

The result: :D:D

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-16 at 11.51.45 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-16 at 11.51.45 AM(2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-16 at 11.51.44 AM(1).jpeg

Thanks heaps for that she looks like brand new.
Do u use the supreme shine on the plastics and tires ??

I used supreme shine on tires and WD-40 on everything else
The WD-40 gives a great shine and not sticky

You need to wipe down the WD40 until it's become completely dry
Or use the WD40 bike chain lube. You want to use something with Teflon in it that doesn't leave a residue or attract dirt, hence the bike chain lube.

And how do you guys get your cars so dirty?

Or use the WD40 bike chain lube. You want to use something with Teflon in it that doesn't leave a residue or attract dirt, hence the bike chain lube.

And how do you guys get your cars so dirty?

Bashing in the trail or driving it on grass field
Check this out

MVIMG_20180108_170253.jpg IMG_20180108_164408.jpg MVIMG_20180108_170246.jpg

I guess I should mention that I only really bash in the dirt or on the road, I avoid mud, snow, wet grass ect.

I hate when they get muddy, our mud takes an act of God to remove even if you let it get dry and crusty. When I go play in the mud with my Tahoe the pressure washer at the self car wash doesn't even get it off I have to bring a brush with me.
Snows not so bad, but we can't seem to get more than a couple inches at a time so it's all wet and muddy everywhere.

I hate when they get muddy, our mud takes an act of God to remove even if you let it get dry and crusty. When I go play in the mud with my Tahoe the pressure washer at the self car wash doesn't even get it off I have to bring a brush with me.
Snows not so bad, but we can't seem to get more than a couple inches at a time so it's all wet and muddy everywhere.

It's just like giving your self extra cleaning task but after I get it cleaned I feel I don't want bash it soon :D:D:D

I'm new to the RC scene. I purchased the outcast and I was wondering if you guys could tell me what needs to be constantly lubricated on them and what needs to be cleaned all the time and what a good lubricant would be for the parts. Thanks guys.

I'm new to the RC scene. I purchased the outcast and I was wondering if you guys could tell me what needs to be constantly lubricated on them and what needs to be cleaned all the time and what a good lubricant would be for the parts. Thanks guys.

Spry WD-40 on the steering saver and other squeezey steering parts

I think that's all

Everything goes into the sink for a spray to get off obvious mud. Then I use a generous spray of Simple Green which I blast off with a compressor (make sure you are outdoors). After you let the Simple Green soak in, the compressor will blow it and the deep dirt off. Then repeat the process with WD-40. I have a spray can of the WD-40 Teflon Lube, may try instead of regular. I have to admit I like the "show car" shine of WD-40.

Spry WD-40 on the steering saver and other squeezey steering parts

I think that's all

Awesome. Thanks for the help

Everything goes into the sink for a spray to get off obvious mud. Then I use a generous spray of Simple Green which I blast off with a compressor (make sure you are outdoors). After you let the Simple Green soak in, the compressor will blow it and the deep dirt off. Then repeat the process with WD-40. I have a spray can of the WD-40 Teflon Lube, may try instead of regular. I have to admit I like the "show car" shine of WD-40.

Sounds good to me. I'm not scared to beat on this thing and get it dirty but at the same time I have a second body for it that I keep in mint condition so it is nice to get the truck back to a good shine. I'll go out and buy a can of the WD-40 Teflon lube and some simple green and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

I've searched the Arrma, traxxas and losi forums in the past re. best cheap bearing lube...mobile one motor oil is a good inexpensive option. Some concern with silicon based lubes being "low rpm" lubricants and that they are less effective in "high rpm" applications. These teflon lubes also are a bit pricey. WD40 as I understand is moreso a degreasing agent that a lubricant...others may chime in, but I always re oil all my bearings (takes 5 min) after I clean with simple green and WD40.

On all my cars I take off the wheels, cover the electronics with a plastic bag then spray them down with a hose, then immediately dry them off with compressed air. Then spray them with a mixture of wd40, 409 and water. Then I wipe down the car and hit it with the air compressor a second time. Then straight wd40 on the Servo. Then lastly I lube all the bearings with oil. Oh and I scrub down the tires with soap and water and dry them with a compressor. Takes a while but it’s pretty fun most the time. Lol I haven’t had any problems thus far with this method. Oh yea soap and water for the bodies. I’m gonna go bashing all day today. It’s my birthday

I've searched the Arrma, traxxas and losi forums in the past re. best cheap bearing lube...mobile one motor oil is a good inexpensive option. Some concern with silicon based lubes being "low rpm" lubricants and that they are less effective in "high rpm" applications. These teflon lubes also are a bit pricey. WD40 as I understand is moreso a degreasing agent that a lubricant...others may chime in, but I always re oil all my bearings (takes 5 min) after I clean with simple green and WD40.

On all my cars I take off the wheels, cover the electronics with a plastic bag then spray them down with a hose, then immediately dry them off with compressed air. Then spray them with a mixture of wd40, 409 and water. Then I wipe down the car and hit it with the air compressor a second time. Then straight wd40 on the Servo. Then lastly I lube all the bearings with oil. Oh and I scrub down the tires with soap and water and dry them with a compressor. Takes a while but it’s pretty fun most the time. Lol I haven’t had any problems thus far with this method. Oh yea soap and water for the bodies. I’m gonna go bashing all day today. It’s my birthday

How do you oil bearings? Do you take it off

@spectrum audio happy birthday

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back