How to Adjust the Front Wheel Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the pivot ball in the hub carrier affect the alignment they adjust camber and caster and the turnbuckle adjusts your toe in or out I like to set my camber and caster pick the front end up and drop it 2 or 3 times so the suspension settles and you can accurately judge how much farther u need to go also when fighting down the red hex covers on the front of the hub carrier u don want them all the way right or it will cause strain on the servo the way I do it is get my alignment set then tighten them up all the way slowly backing each 1 out little by little while turning the wheels full right full left by hand you will tell when there isn't any drag from the carriers hope this was helpful

I first got my outcast and broke a front lower a arm and pit it all back together and had the craziest camber so I started adjusting the turnbickle like I would in all my other rcs when I finally got the wheel somewhat straight I had no thro at all to the right so I had to zero everything out and start over learning lesson I guess and if ur pivot ball is out a little from the a arm there should b a c style clip tho help shim the gap

How do I adjust this? One wheel is straight while the other is turned outward? I’ve been trying to use pliers to adjust the turnbuckle but I’m not sure which way I should be turning it. It’s also not very easy to turn.

10DB4BFA-529C-4DC5-AF24-199917C87175.jpeg

Thanks! I will pick up a 5mm wrench so I can get it adjusted.
The line should mark the left hand thread side but on my Kraton it's not so you just turn it clockwise to shorten. You need a 5mm wrench to properly adjust it and make sure both sides have the same length.

you usually want a little toe out on the front it helps with stability at speed. same with toe in on the rear. i doubt that one wheel is off its just that when you put one wheel going dead straight it makes the other wheel look twice as far off instead of them both being toed out. arrma does seem to have them set pretty far out from the box though. atleast my kraton was like that. i adjusted them in also but it was both wheels not just one.

I just took one out of the box and you can see the left camber is in quite a bit more than the right.
I loved it around and looked at it from a couple different surfaces. Must have been a Friday build idk. Any suggestion on setting them or gauging it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back