Typhon Hello! Whats biggest pinion what i can use with stock spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henridrivefast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I did order 23 tooth one. Will it fit my Typhon? I got GRP -GT tires and they are bit smaller than normal buggy tires and they don't balloon so i lost some speed.

I got black BLX system 2050kv and Castle MM2 - 2650kv. Thinking to test Castle 5S.

Will Castle got much more power than BLX system? Im only gonna do onroad speed runs.

Okay.
If you really want to speed up the typhon, use the stock DEX8 team Durango center diff Its 46T.
Losi also has a 46t and a 44t diff spur that fits the typhon center diff cup.
And the 29t xo1 pinion.
I used this gear setup last year with no heat problems
I also programmed the esc punch control to

good luck.

I was able to get speed of 56 - 55MPH out of my stock #3s #Typhon! Only upgrade was I installed a 20t pinion and a pair of #Dboot #Hoons!
Typhon 3s w: Hoons.jpeg

What is the biggest pinion that someone has put in an arrma Nero? Do anyone of you all know that answer? The biggest one that I know is a 23 tooth. Anything bigger?

What is the biggest pinion that someone has put in an arrma Nero? Do anyone of you all know that answer? The biggest one that I know is a 23 tooth. Anything bigger?
I think a 25T with the 50T spur and still get both screws in the motor plate. If you wanna risk it for the biscuit you can run one screw and go bigger 🤣🤘🏻

I think a 25T with the 50T spur and still get both screws in the motor plate. If you wanna risk it for the biscuit you can run one screw and go bigger 🤣🤘🏻
I'm running 25t with 50t spur on the stock arrma motor mount. This is definitely the biggest pinion you can run with that mount and spur. My Castle 1717 is only hitting 97 degrees with this setup. Anyone using the EM Performance mount? How big of a pinion can you run with it?

I did order 23 tooth one. Will it fit my Typhon? I got GRP -GT tires and they are bit smaller than normal buggy tires and they don't balloon so i lost some speed.

I got black BLX system 2050kv and Castle MM2 - 2650kv. Thinking to test Castle 5S.

Will Castle got much more power than BLX system? Im only gonna do onroad speed runs.
26 is what i use on stock spur
I have a 3s typhoon all stock but a 26tooth pinion and im hitting mid 70's

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back