Kraton Hands Down - Best Tires For The Kraton

Hands Down - What's The Best Tires For The Kraton?

• Trencher

• Trencher X

• Badlands

• Badlands MX

• Shockwaves

• Mashers

• Backflips

• Something Else?

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.png
Thx fellas. Just purchased for my 'to-be' Kraton (on back order). They're available now fellas.

So, your saying shockwaves are better than backflips and you don't own the shockwaves? And you say backflips balloons to much? Do you own any backflips? I happen to own both. Shockwaves are pretty good, but not for long. They blow apart on trucks capable of speeds over 50 mph. Backflips on the other hand, hardly balloon, traction and overall performance is incredible. I have them on 3 trucks that run 70mph plus. Not one failure. This review is from tires I have owned. To be honest, Redcat Avalanche tires out perform and outlast the shockwaves.
70 sounds great for the Back flips, looking for tires for my Kraton

So i just got the backflips and i haven't been able to do any backflips yet

Im on 6s 60/100/60k

So i just got the backflips and i haven't been able to do any backflips yet

Im on 6s 60/100/60k

Check your punch settings maybe? 100k isn't that much either for such a large truck, going 500k would probably help.

Check your punch settings maybe? 100k isn't that much either for such a large truck, going 500k would probably help.

I do not know which settings those are, how do i check that? Is that gearing?

When i had stock diff fluids on 6s it was able to wheelie instantly and to the end of the street without fail, now that i have changed the fluids it wheelies only sometimes, although it does have a 14t pinion now as well

Last edited:
I do not know which settings those are, how do i check that? Is that gearing?

When i had stock diff fluids on 6s it was able to wheelie instantly and to the end of the street without fail, now that i have changed the fluids it wheelies only sometimes, although it does have a 14t pinion now as well
I'm guessing that the 14t pinion is more of the problem. The 12t will give more torque, aka more wheelies and rotation for backflips, while the 14t is more for speed and will give you less torque. Try the 12t pinion and see if that helps.

;)

I did get some of the budget tires mentioned earlier from nitrorcx. haven’t run them yet though; building for the spring.

147C5906-A160-40EC-83F0-E41B97E10A1B.jpeg

HSP tires for my fazon HD build.
8544B742-402A-4EAE-AAA2-264A2B5025B5.jpeg

Thanx,

Justin

Last edited:
It is the stock wing, but I did add the outcast wheelie bar. These tires do look awesome.
9AC8F9CE-D651-49D3-9016-44EFB26F80BD.jpeg

Thanx,

Justin

Well... turns out my wing was factory installed with the logo down so I had no idea and it looked fine although I have wondered why the side stickers say s9. HA!

Just got a set of backflips. And MAN they are awesome. They’ve got some serious dig skills. My v4 is a wheelie machine when I run those. I do like to run on street some too. Any suggestions for road use tires ? I pretty much burnt up the stock copperhead 2’s. Thx:)

Truck looks awesome, thanks for the tip. Got a kyosho optima legend series and one thing i really wanted was to get the “sand super” white walled like the originals back in the 80s, now I know how. do you like the LP backflips over the full size for 6s just for looks or is the low profile better running for you? I could see some advantages with the LP in adding some zip and nimbleness possibly. Couldn’t tell but the thread here ( pretty old) seemed like most were running full size back flips, no?

Truck looks awesome, thanks for the tip. Got a kyosho optima legend series and one thing i really wanted was to get the “sand super” white walled like the originals back in the 80s, now I know how. do you like the LP backflips over the full size for 6s just for looks or is the low profile better running for you? I could see some advantages with the LP in adding some zip and nimbleness possibly. Couldn’t tell but the thread here ( pretty old) seemed like most were running full size back flips, no?

Good question. Personally, I like the low-profile look. Even on a real car, I hate fat sidewall tires. Look first for me, then performance. In this case they perform well with the right tire to body balance and less ballooning over the full-size tire. I knew day one I would never run the stock Cooperheads and sold them here :)

Check this out:

Back