Kraton Hands Down - Best Tires For The Kraton

Hands Down - What's The Best Tires For The Kraton?

• Trencher

• Trencher X

• Badlands

• Badlands MX

• Shockwaves

• Mashers

• Backflips

• Something Else?

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using Kevlar kite string to reinforce my tires from the inside. No ballooning.

Gave the backflips a propper test today at the bmx track and oval.... Fantastic !!
Only down side is a killed my brand new 6s battery, broke the screw holder bit on my esc which made it get stuck up on the kraton rollcage and blocked my servo.... So now i have a stripped servo too :-/

Was it the extra strain of the backflips tires that killed your battery? Or was it unrelated?

Where is the best place to buy the dBoots Back- Flips?
I wouldn't hold your breath for towers to get them in. Been waiting over a month. First they were suppose to be in mid June, then late June, and now it says early July. I don't mind waiting but when the keep bumping it back by 2 weeks it seems like there is no end in sight. And what's going to happen when they do come out is they are only going to make so many of them and if you arnt first in line you won't get them. I hope I'm wrong as I'm waiting on them myself but that has been my experience.

Got tired of waiting for back-flips to appear. So I went out and got some badlands. I love the 1/2 inch off set wheel and the knobbies. We'll see how long they last.

guess I got lucky, went to local hobby store two weeks ago and they had 3 pairs of backflips only grabbed two so I would have a full set on the kraton. I should have grabbed the other pair if its that hard to come by.

Been waiting a month now. They came back in a few weeks ago but we're only available for 1 day then they were sold out. I've been watching tower hobby and at first it said early June then mid June then late June and now it's saying early July. There really seems like there any no end in sight lol

In the mean time, grab some spikes off NitroRX. for $38 for all four wheels and tires, it's tough to beat. All they have left are the spikes (pictured below). But if they ever get a stock of the rest of them, I'll be grabbing 3 or 4 different sets. The spikes are awesome in the grass, and seem to do well in the dirt and gravel.

wc1027-1-8th-monster-tires-rims-5.gif

Been waiting a month now. They came back in a few weeks ago but we're only available for 1 day then they were sold out. I've been watching tower hobby and at first it said early June then mid June then late June and now it's saying early July. There really seems like there any no end in sight lol

If you want them you have to just backorder them and wait. That's what I did and I just tried them on the Kraton for the first time today.. They're definitely pretty beast in the grass!

Yes, I have a thread on them. Avoid them. They will say it's in stock to pull you in. Then send you an email saying it's out of stock. Shady

I agree! I actually bought them about a week ago and received an email the status on that item had changed. I will never buy from them.

Have you guys tried Active powersports for a set of backflips?

Yes, I have a thread on them. Avoid them. They will say it's in stock to pull you in. Then send you an email saying it's out of stock. Shady

I agree! I actually bought them about a week ago and received an email the status on that item had changed. I will never buy from them.

YEP SAME THING HERE - Do not use ACTIVE POWERSPORTS

Thanks guys. Sorry I recommended them. I've not ordered there but was considering it.

Last edited:
If you want them you have to just backorder them and wait. That's what I did and I just tried them on the Kraton for the first time today.. They're definitely pretty beast in the grass!
This also worked for me. I got on the Tower Hobbies BO list back in late April and received in late may.

I love them on my Kraton and now only use the stock set if I'm on asphalt or just want to spin the wheels. They are holding up quite well too.

I really like Proline MX38 Badlands on my Kraton more than anything I've tried. They give TONS of traction but will still allow the rear to slide just enough. The main thing is they are like 4 giant soft pillows when I land big jumps. I love them. The mx38 combined with the Tekno shocks is a winner. I've had zero breakage since installing the tekno shocks and the tires make it that much better.

Back