Kraton Hands Down - Best Tires For The Kraton

Hands Down - What's The Best Tires For The Kraton?

• Trencher

• Trencher X

• Badlands

• Badlands MX

• Shockwaves

• Mashers

• Backflips

• Something Else?

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
I decided on the badlands for my Kraton. haven't run them yet (waiting on the second pair to arrive) I run a lot of baseball diamonds, parks and a sand quarry. I blew a factory tire and had to make a decision so I hope the badlands will be an improvement. I looked hard at the dBoots backflip but had already purchased the first pair of badlands so I stayed with them. Anyone have experience comparing the two? If yes, please share your opinion.

Thanks,
504_K

Good tires , but when you blow them up, try the backflips. Iv tried them all and the backflips look to be the best

I just put some backflips on my kraton after getting them in the post today... I picked up some 3.8 badlands over the weekend on the cheap off gumtree. The backflips make them look like shortcorse tyres ! Theyre huge ! But after a 2 minute run out the front yard i gotta say they already seem awesome :)

Well, I don't know if I'm patient, but thanks @Rich Duperbash :p

Just not very satisfied with the stock Kraton tires, and I'm not a fan of Proline's prices=durability. Seems like these tires shouldn't be ripping up like they are.

A niche tire company could really take the industry by storm if they started creating non-ballooning, belted tires that actually lasted.

By the way, great explanation of your reasoning for choosing the Backflips!
sweep racing makes belted tires that do not balloon

SRC belted tires don't baloon and looks amazing at the sametime

Attachments

• 20170222_004605.jpg
    20170222_004605.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Gave the backflips a propper test today at the bmx track and oval.... Fantastic !!
Only down side is a killed my brand new 6s battery, broke the screw holder bit on my esc which made it get stuck up on the kraton rollcage and blocked my servo.... So now i have a stripped servo too :-/

Sure, here you go.

Wael,
Those look great on your kraton! Would you mind attaching more pics from different perspectives?

Thanks in advance,
504_K
unfortunately, they don't last long at all.

I made an expensive mistake buying my set.

unfortunately, they don't last long at all.

I made an expensive mistake buying my set.

They are not good offroad but i believe they are good on hard ground

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 99
Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
I read all the posts and I'm shocked no one mentioned backflips. They are great! Lol

Also a cheap close alternative is...

I read all the posts and I'm shocked no one mentioned backflips. They are great! Lol

Also a cheap close alternative is...
Are you sure you read all the replies? Backflips are recommended on nearly all replies? What you drinking

do any places in australia ship these backflips? still wanna get trenchers but my local rc shops don't stock any of the arrma stock tires..

do any places in australia ship these backflips? still wanna get trenchers but my local rc shops don't stock any of the arrma stock tires..
I asked my local shop for a price a while ago... Shop in joondalup w.a....
He said demand has been huge for the outcast and theres no cars or spares until about june... Arrma ran out and have been making more cars and parts. I got a set of jrc in ebay. Were about 120aud posted... They go quick when they get them in tho.

And it might not be the tyre.. But my mate got some trenchers for his kraton 2 weeks ago... Go great but in 2 runs in 2 weeks he's stripped out his rear diff gears twice....

I asked my local shop for a price a while ago... Shop in joondalup w.a....
He said demand has been huge for the outcast and theres no cars or spares until about june... Arrma ran out and have been making more cars and parts. I got a set of jrc in ebay. Were about 120aud posted... They go quick when they get them in tho.

And it might not be the tyre.. But my mate got some trenchers for his kraton 2 weeks ago... Go great but in 2 runs in 2 weeks he's stripped out his rear diff gears twice....
Sweet Thx . Might just wait to get the backflips in that case !!

Anyone ever try Pitbull Rock Beast XL 3.8? I've had good luck with Pitbull tires on my 10th Axial Wraith. I do really like the look of the
Backflip tires and you can't argue with all the positive feedback.

Back