Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey guys, any idea how good these aluminum pieces are if you've heard about them or use them and if it's worth the money to upgrade?

Thanks!

That's great...Thank you so much for the link and the info I'll see what I can find out!

Man I just saw a bunch of this stuff on Amazon, when I was looking for the Hot racing Gear boxes. WOW, they want $88 + $5 shipping for a gear box. I guess Will have to wait for the HR version to come back in stock. They have a bunch of other parts too. Like all the arms, and knuckles, turnbuckles, and more. This would be awesome if I were building a speed machine. And everything is available in several colors. You could just go full aluminum, in all orange. It would cost more than the original car, bu tit would look cool.

My first GPM upgrade arrived today, Kraton aluminum rear suspension mount. Curious to see how they will do...
20171114_172020.jpg

I just received a shipment from them as well. I got both the front and rear suspension mounts. Also got both Towers, servo mount, and engine mount. Will get them installed soon and post once I have some results.

Hi guys, I am so glad to finally hear that somebody has bought and gotten some GPM racing parts for their trucks, so I can sit back and wait to see how they perform. GPM has been in business for over 30 years from what their website says, their parts look great, have many color options and their prices are reasonable. So get those GPM Parts on your trucks, go test them out and give us your feedback here on Arrma forum so that I and many others may go ahead and purchase GPM parts. And hopefully we hear about some great customer service from GPM.
I saw on eBay today GPM listed their front and rear diff case for $86, just about any color you can imagine. I personally will just upgrade my V2 Kraton with V3 diff cases, only because I'm a basher, but if I was building a speed run truck or shelf queen I would probably end up ordering everything they have, it's all so pretty. Cheers

I want to know how those suspension mounts hold up.
My big issue with GPM is the same as my issue with Hot Racing and Integy, some of their parts are good and some are utter garbage. We need to compile a list of what is good and what is junk.

I do know the turnbuckles are no good, the rod ends pull out.

And incase no one knows Alza Racing also makes parts for Arrma. http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/24-arrma

Last edited:
I know Alza Racing does. But GPM is the first to produce all 4 lower suspension mounts and the front upper suspension mount. It is nice to have all 5 of them in the same (red) color. And they are not expensive so I wanted to give them a try. I have just installed my aluminum (6061) suspension mounts (while I was there replacing my rear bulkhead and installing RPM a-arms). They contribute to the black and red color scheme and fit nice and tight. Hinge pins and a-arms have almost zero play. I like the POM inserts that support the hinge pins, instead of the stock suspension mount where the hinge pin is supported by the aluminum insert that wears out fast... Durability will have to be tested though...

Alza Racing makes all the mounts, however their front mounts are the same as the stock ones and still use the plastic retainer.
But now I need to decide what color I want. I might just go black.

They don't make the front lower rear mount and the front upper mount.

Attachments

• 20171114_205050.jpg
    20171114_205050.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Nice jewelry, one thing that has kept me from buying GPM is whether or not they're red is the same as Arrma red and it looks like it is or very very close from what I can tell from your picture. My first purchase of GPM parts will be the front upper and lower rear hinge pin mounts. I have cracked a few of these and have been waiting for somebody to start making them in aluminum. Now if somebody would just make an aluminum chassis brace that went from front to rear diffs. I've tried a couple of do-it-yourself versions, and finally came up with something that works. A lot of small modifications to make it all work, but is pretty much bulletproof now. Check out the pics. After breaking the stock rear chassis brace I used 1510693571158705399544.jpgear links for a double chassis brace and upfront for now just have 1 steel link from the steering top plate to the body support tower. Now if I could just quit hitting things I wouldn't have to do any modifications at all.
1510693571158705399544.jpg
1510693761551397831535.jpg

They don't make the front lower rear mount and the front upper mount.
Oh I misread the descriptions and thought the other mounts were the fronts.

Nice jewelry, one thing that has kept me from buying GPM is whether or not they're red is the same as Arrma red and it looks like it is or very very close from what I can tell from your picture. My first purchase of GPM parts will be the front upper and lower rear hinge pin mounts. I have cracked a few of these and have been waiting for somebody to start making them in aluminum. Now if somebody would just make an aluminum chassis brace that went from front to rear diffs. I've tried a couple of do-it-yourself versions, and finally came up with something that works. A lot of small modifications to make it all work, but is pretty much bulletproof now. Check out the pics. After breaking the stock rear chassis brace I used View attachment 13390ear links for a double chassis brace and upfront for now just have 1 steel link from the steering top plate to the body support tower. Now if I could just quit hitting things I wouldn't have to do any modifications at all.View attachment 13390 View attachment 13391
GKA and Voltage Hobbies are starting to make suspension mounts, GKA just release the rear rear mount and Voltage just released the front rear upper mount.

What is that red thing attached to your body support tower?

Also has anyone else noticed the GPM has 3 different websites, and each website lists different parts for certain vehicles?
https://www.gpmracing.com.hk/en/
https://www.gpmparts.com/gpm-racing-c-1532.html
https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/

I would love to see more companies making slider motor mounts. Right now the only options are stock or the Hot Racing one, and I hate the stock motor mount setup.

Last edited:
I like Voltage Hobbies, so I just may have to go with their front upper rear suspension mount.
I was wondering if anybody was going to ask about that Red Box Thing mounted to my body support tower. Well, I like things to be waterproof because I use the hose on my trucks, and I can get impatient waiting for things to arrive, so I bought a Castle Creations 10 amp bec from my LHS to power my high voltage servo and used an old red am receiver case along with a Castle Creations fan because it needs air flow, to waterproof it and to cool it. probably overkill, but it sure does power that Servo @ 8.4 volts. Also, I'm trying to stick with the red, black, silver color scheme, and that darn CC bec is blue and white.

Ah makes sense. Yeah and it is nice to see pics of these as the colors of the pics on ebay makes the red look pretty pink.

So compiling my shopping list, eBay doesn't have all the parts I want in black.
GPMparts.com doesn't even carry the servo mount. But has a coupon for 5% off.
GPMRacing.com.hk/en only ships via DHL @ $34.
Might have to source most of the stuff from gpmparts.com and get the servo mount off eBay as this is the cheapest option.

Last edited:
Did you guys notice the shocks? The shafts are 5mm thick. Well since I haven't broken or bent the 4mm on the teckno shocks, I don't have to worry about it.

Did you guys notice the shocks? The shafts are 5mm thick. Well since I haven't broken or bent the 4mm on the teckno shocks, I don't have to worry about it.
I tend to steer quite clear of Chinese shocks, they are usually pretty crappy, but I have never used GPM shocks nor have I heard much about them. Them having 5mm shafts doesn't mean anything, look at their turnbuckles they are 11mm thick and the ends pull out. 3x30mm stainless steel screws for the shock stand offs? And you think the stock ones bend or break easily give those a try once lol. Those screws will bend on the first jump.

Well was going to throw it all on tonight and send out pics... bit a quick drive in the yard ended up in wrapping it around a mailbox post. Oh well. Even more reason to put it on an get some new rpm a arms.

Well was going to throw it all on tonight and send out pics... bit a quick drive in the yard ended up in wrapping it around a mailbox post. Oh well. Even more reason to put it on an get some new rpm a arms.
Those mailboxes are like trees and fence posts, they just jump right out in front of you lol.

I want to know how those suspension mounts hold up.
My big issue with GPM is the same as my issue with Hot Racing and Integy, some of their parts are good and some are utter garbage. We need to compile a list of what is good and what is junk.

I do know the turnbuckles are no good, the rod ends pull out.

And incase no one knows Alza Racing also makes parts for Arrma. http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/24-arrma

Hey Mate! Nice upgrade!

closed-rr-rf-brace-set.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back