Outcast Good Tire Option (And Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a little bit of a run in with my "Fangs" tires, I really like them, they grip very well, rubber compound is similar to the Backflips, and I also noticed they smelled like real car tires. Once my Kevlar string arrives I am going to strap them, because they do balloon pretty good.

Mine oughta show up about the time I'm done building my Kraton.

Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
I should get those for my Kraton

So these wc1043 rims and tires will not fit the nero correct? I am looking for Nero tires and wanted to order these but if they don't work then I won't order them. I am assuming the Nero and big rock would require the same tire?

One of wheels from my "Fangs" has a small crack in it right at the hex, but it has not gotten any bigger or affected anything.

One of wheels from my "Fangs" has a small crack in it right at the hex, but it has not gotten any bigger or affected anything.
I now have 3 of the 4 that are cracked at the hex, the cracks have not affected anything. I do feel that it will be a matter of time before the wheels break off at the hex though.

Are these still good. Are the chrome rims weaker than the other rims?

I bought a set, they are bigger than the Kraton stock tire/wheel but not by much. They do balloon a lot, I run 4s and had to wrap them with 80lb braided fishing line. That said, for $30 you can't beat it.

We run on 6S, are you saying they baloon too much? Worse than the stock tires? I can't really stomach 80 plus dollars for the stock tires especially since we haven't run that much and all 4 are basically cracking off at the rims.

We run on 6S, are you saying they baloon too much? Worse than the stock tires? I can't really stomach 80 plus dollars for the stock tires especially since we haven't run that much and all 4 are basically cracking off at the rims.

No matter what tires you are using, if you are going to be running 6s I would highly recommend strapping them. I strapped my stock tires with Kevlar kite string and they stopped pulling themselves off the rims.

So these rims fit on correctly, I believe I read somewhere that they were rubbing. Also how exactly do you strap the tires? I was looking for videos but most are about taping the insides of the tires. Do you just wrap the string around and tie it to the tire and use some glue in a few places?

Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html

I can't wait to try those for that price!!! Appreciate they post.

So these rims fit on correctly, I believe I read somewhere that they were rubbing. Also how exactly do you strap the tires? I was looking for videos but most are about taping the insides of the tires. Do you just wrap the string around and tie it to the tire and use some glue in a few places?

Yup just wrap the string around it tie some knots here and there and put ca glue on the knots. You can use braided fishing line or Kevlar kite string.
I used Kevlar kite string. This stuff is a major pain to cut. https://www.ebay.com/itm/100ft-250l...579354&hash=item3d215e6ab3:g:pkEAAOSwuxFY3wuH
okusI6il.jpg

I no longer trust the rims that came on my Nitrorcx "Fangs" so I am going to pick up a couple pairs of these to mount them on. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DE-Racing-...889184&hash=item3d5c95a188:g:F8MAAOSwW5laptG8

Well I will give it an order. How do you get the tires off the rims?

EDIT: 4 tires with blue rims on the way.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back