Outcast Good Tire Option (And Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure - no problem! (Yes, I'm a little obsessed with tires and rc's... Lol)

From left to right:

-Kraton v2 Dboots (good for speed off road)
-Proline Super Swampers (I hate these and regret buying)
-Associated Rival tire I believe (not bad at all)
-3.8 Regular Proline Badlands (light/fast/good)
-Stock Nero tire (Pretty good in all conditions)
-Outcast Backflips (Obviously likeable)
-Formerly Linked/discussed tire from Nitrorcx.com or whatever (discussed already and are nice!)
-Proline 40 series Trenchers (Also very nice..)
You need to build a tire rack for all those wheels. :D

Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
ordered a set for my big rock

Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

When I click the link the price is $19. Is that for 2 of them, or just 1?

Just a word of advice: The wheels I bought fit the Kraton and probably the Talion and Outcast, but I tried them on the Nero and the I.D. of the rim is too small. This goes for ALL Neros, Fazon etc. I bought the smaller sidewall ones but I like them on the Kraton!
Claw wheels1.jpg

Claw wheels 2.jpg

The other set I bought compared to the Stock Nero wheels
20170103_161900.jpg

ordered a set for my big rock
These may not fit the Big Rock. I tried them on my Fazon and the rim won't fit around the rear hub.

Have you tried these on the Nero? Mine should be here today, was just wondering if the fit. Thank you

Douger, wish they came earlier so I could warn you, I saw you ordered them...:mad:
Napalm, I tried them on the Fazon which is the Nero platform so I'm guessing they wont fit... Don't shoot the messenger; but the rear hub is much larger than the Kraton, Talion etc. I posted that as soon as I tried them.
I'm hoping you guys get lucky and they DO fit, but mine won't. That's the problem with the website, they don't even tell you the quantity. I read the reviews and took a chance.

Last edited:
Hex size (17mm) I.D/ O.D. of tire etc. Also depends on the car you will be putting them on.

So a particular vehicle model eg. Nero doesn't call for a particular specification for the replacement tire?
You actually have to try it and see?

So a particular vehicle model eg. Nero doesn't call for a particular specification for the replacement tire?
You actually have to try it and see?
Not necessarily, The Proline wheels would fit as long as they're the 3.8" size rims w/17mm hex. They're listed in the 1/10th scale wheel/tire set section on Tower Hobbies website. Also Duratrax 3.8" wheels fit... That's just a couple of options.

Douger, wish they came earlier so I could warn you, I saw you ordered them...:mad:
Napalm, I tried them on the Fazon which is the Nero platform so I'm guessing they wont fit... Don't shoot the messenger; but the rear hub is much larger than the Kraton, Talion etc. I posted that as soon as I tried them.
I'm hoping you guys get lucky and they DO fit, but mine won't. That's the problem with the website, they don't even tell you the quantity. I read the reviews and took a chance.

You tried the wheels from the very first post?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back