Kraton Giving up on TBone basher front bumper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

We're sorry to hear about our Kraton bumper not performing well.
We'll look into getting the design updated.

What suggestions do you guy have for an updated design? I've noticed some pictures of our Kraton Thrasher bumpers where the bumpers are flattened out and sticking out way further than they should. The stock angle of the bumper is 120 degrees.

We're always looking for ways to improve our parts and welcome feedback!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!
-TBR

We really appreciate you taking the time to solicit feedback! I understand it's a fine balance but it appears that either more material is needed where the bumper angles up from the chassis or its needs to be stiffer. In my completely unqualified opinion it looks like the flex is what works the bumper past the screws and gradually cants it downward after impacts. I would suggest that the sharper angle (as compared to the RPM design) grabs more on impact and transfers the rearward downward force along the segment that screws on to the chassis. The rear bumper works great but it tends to come into play when the rear end slaps down or during cartwheels, as such it not subject to the same rearward energy as the front at the point of flex, its actually the opposite - forcing it up.

I use the Talion basher Bumper on my Kraton and Love it. It is not quite as wide as the Kraton Bumper, which helps when you run aftermarket tires that are wider than stock. The duratrax Six packs would rub all over the kraton bumper. The Talion Bumper also does not stick out quite are far, which prevents it from interfering with the transitions on steep jumps, or from becoming a flip scoop in the grass.

I have an idea, albeit a completely selfish one. Work up 5 or 6 prototypes and I'll test them, bash them, work them, and review them for you. All I charge for my "expert consulting", is that I get to keep the 5 or 6 bumpers you send me. And if you are questioning my credentials.....don't. I stayed in Holiday Inn Express last night.

I thought the Talion bumper would be better, but in a bash session yesterday, i finished off my Tbone kraton bumper (top piece tore off and it pulled through 3 of the screws on bottom part.

My buddy with his brand new Talion setup did the exact same thing.

I sent Tbone an email with pictures yesterday and mentioned this thread....I'm really hoping for a redesign.

My buddy had the RPM bumper on his Typhon and it looked good.

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll take all of these suggestions into consideration when designing the new bumper(s)!

Yeah, those RPM bumpers are quite similar to our XV style.
Is the XV style more appealing than our Thrasher/Basher for the Kraton and Talion?
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

We'll take all of these suggestions into consideration when designing the new bumper(s)!

Is the XV style more appealing than our Thrasher/Basher for the Kraton and Talion?
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp

Thanks again!

HECK YEAH MAN!!!!! Those are beechin.

Let me know when they are available and I'll order one.

Last edited:
I prefer the XV style (Top two pics?). Look much less 'aftermarket' to my eye/ tastes.

I love the first two as well! I run the thrasher on my granite and my 5 y/o boy drives it alot. It has held up good. But I didn't feel like it was s great look on the kraton. I'm running an RPM. I am actually on my second one for the kraton as the first RPM BUMPER broke right at the screw. I purchased a second because I don't like the idea of having no bumper and don't know how long RPM takes to warranty. If the first Two TBR BUMPERS are available and fit on Kraton please provide details.

I use the Talion basher Bumper on my Kraton and Love it. It is not quite as wide as the Kraton Bumper, which helps when you run aftermarket tires that are wider than stock. The duratrax Six packs would rub all over the kraton bumper. The Talion Bumper also does not stick out quite are far, which prevents it from interfering with the transitions on steep jumps, or from becoming a flip scoop in the grass.

I have an idea, albeit a completely selfish one. Work up 5 or 6 prototypes and I'll test them, bash them, work them, and review them for you. All I charge for my "expert consulting", is that I get to keep the 5 or 6 bumpers you send me. And if you are questioning my credentials.....don't. I stayed in Holiday Inn Express last night.
That was an awesome pitch bro!!! LMAO!

Thanks for the feedback!

thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp

Thanks again!
RPM makes good products, but I have a feeling their bumpers are probably pretty heavy/overly beefy perhaps. The one I bought for my Slash a while back had ridiculous weight to it. Been running the Typhon Tbone on my Outcast and Kraton with great results and several huge air mishaps. Hope you settle on a functional design with steep angle that isn't complete overkill. Thanks for soliciting feedback. Lots of hard bashers on this Forum.

Last edited:
Here is my Tbone issue on the Kraton, you can see I have now added washers to try and secure the bumper in place because the screw holes in the bumper won't hold securely any longer, you can see the crease in the bumper where it was bent back when the screws pulled through. Pretty disappointing.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 98
It would be nice to have an option for a bumper that didn't protrude past wheels. Like the outcast stock ones. I'd like to be able to go up a tree, wall, fence, etc. and not worry about the bumper getting hung up. Props to tbone for acknowledging the issue and helping us.

If the XV style bumper had been available when I purchased my RPM one, I likely would have bought it instead. I really just didn't like the look of the thrasher and heard all the negative feedback.

Thanks for the feedback!

thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp

Thanks again!
In this first picture it's the tekno mt410. I was just at tbone web site looking to see what they had for my tekno and saw this. It's priced at $40. For a bumper. Is that going to be the same for arrma? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPAH&P=ML I paid $12 for the RPM one and I got it in less then a week. My kraton tbone wheelie bar took a month to receive.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.PNG
    IMG_0268.PNG
    286.8 KB · Views: 51
Social media ay !! I use the typhon Tbone on the Outcast love it !! Looks mean and perform's great.
The RPM looks good but a bit old man ish lol !!

Here is my Tbone issue on the Kraton, you can see I have now added washers to try and secure the bumper in place because the screw holes in the bumper won't hold securely any longer, you can see the crease in the bumper where it was bent back when the screws pulled through. Pretty disappointing.
We'll make sure the new design will solve this issue. When it is released, contact us and we'll see about getting you a replacement.

It would be nice to have an option for a bumper that didn't protrude past wheels. Like the outcast stock ones. I'd like to be able to go up a tree, wall, fence, etc. and not worry about the bumper getting hung up. Props to tbone for acknowledging the issue and helping us.
Noted. Thanks!

In this first picture it's the tekno mt410. I was just at tbone web site looking to see what they had for my tekno and saw this. It's priced at $40. For a bumper. Is that going to be the same for arrma? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPAH&P=ML I paid $12 for the RPM one and I got it in less then a week. My kraton tbone wheelie bar took a month to receive.
I'm going to check on the price of that MT410. The Kraton one shouldn't be that high. Hopefully around the $30 range but we'll have to see. I know that it will require a new brace as well as a mounting block to take the pressure off of the chassis mounting holes.

Thank you all for your feedback! The Kraton update is next up on the design list!

Sorry for your troubles. I never bought the t-bone unit. I have the rpm bumper and it is just about as close to a perfect bumper as you can get. I love mine. Your bumper problems are over with the rpm.
Do you have a link to the RPM bumper your talking about?

Hey guys,
We've just released those new Kraton parts!
We now have the:
  1. XV4 Front Bumper (Which should also fit on the Talion, no problem)
  2. Rear Mud Guards
  3. Flat Rear A-Arm Skids (compatible with the Mud Guards)
  4. Thin Chassis Skid
I don't think I'm allowed to post links but you can find them on our website!
Here are the pics
Kraton XV4 Front6.jpg Kraton XV4 Front1.jpg Kraton Rear A-Arm Skids3.jpgKraton Mudguards2.jpgDSCF6003.JPG

Cheers guys!
Let us know what you think!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back