Front end squeaks, ride height return diminished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zhand

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Title explains it for the most part, only had a few runs on this talion. When the front end is depressed by hand there's quite a bit of squeaking coming front both sides, cannot isolate where. Then upon letting go the ride height only returns about half of the amount it used to before.

I just changed out a front hub that caused my servo saver to engage when turning along with a loss of steering. It was remedied by barely loosening the upper pillow ball nut.

Any common problems I can check? I am new to pillow all suspension.

So it sounds like you need to check your pillow ball retention nuts. The red ones on the outside of the hub. Without removing the pillowballs themselves, take the pillow ball assembly off, one side at a time. Hold the hub in your hand and see if the balls move easily, or do they want to stick and stay in place?
If they are sticking then start by pushing the threaded end of the ball up and the start slowly loosening the red retention but until the ball free falls down. Repeat this all around and report back. I am willing to bet it will resolve your issue.
Ps. Ty Tessman now drives for Xray snd they run a pillow ball suspensuon and he has many useful tips and tricks specific to pillow ball.
Good luck mate!

I did loosen the retention nuts and it acted better, seems my lower arm pin is another culprit contributing. Thanks for the detailed reply, I will revisit the pillow balls once I get a chance!

Dust and dirt in the arm pins....they could also be to tight.
Also the sway bars can squeak in the cover bit that screws to the diff case.

Give it a clean and if it still sags a bit check the shock oil level too :)

I'm having the same squeaking and ride height issue with my Nero. Took it through a baseball field a few times and other dusty conditions and now the front and back end squeak when they travel up or down. Funny thing is, when I removed the shocks the squeak goes away and is only present when there is tension in the rocker arms. I'm thinking of trying this stuff out. Has anyone tried it before? I'm guessing the extra friction in the plastic joints is causing the suspension to not come back up as well. I think the rocker arm bolt might be the culprit but it is hard to isolate with so many moving parts nearby.

Hi

Try spraying a little WD-40 "with the straw" in the areas around where you think the squeak is at. Do this to different spot until you find the spot that squeaks, which will stop squeaking when the WD-40 hits it, that way you will know where the squeak is next time. Be sure to clean the excess WD-40 off after you find the squeak to help prevent dirt build up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back