Fazon Fazon Voltage new Version?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like it is inspired by a tamiya tl01 chassis but only in rwd trim. would be good for beginners, seems like a good deal for the price too.

It looks like ARRMA is going after the mass market, basher crowd with these vehicles. I love the mid motor but wish these Mega Voltage series had at least a couple of shock mounting positions on the arms to fine tune the handling. It also looks like they don't have a slipper clutch and that the motor mount is fixed which would mean you couldn't change the gear ratio. I think they will be good for those who want something inexpensive to get into R/C hobby level vehicles, just really limited for those who like to tune and add upgrades.

Best regards,
Brian

No extra shock mounting holes makes sense for a basher - I bet 99% of buyers never touch them. I didn't think about the lack of slipper, but yeah, that spur cover is very slip to be hiding a slip clutch. Plus, if it was there, I would expect them to be showing it as a feature. Surprised it is missing on a 1/10 MT, though. Motor mounting - where did you see this? I have not found a pic with the pinion/spur cover removed.

Surprised it is missing on a 1/10 MT, though. Motor mounting - where did you see this? I have not found a pic with the pinion/spur cover removed.

If you look at the exploded view, the motor mount just has a few holes with no slots. It may be designed to use a few different pinion gears depending on which holes that you use but looks to be very limited.

I am pretty sure that ARRMA tried to eliminate any possible customer issues with the Mega Voltage line of RC vehicles. With the past Mega series, the customer may had to deal with getting the gear mesh right, setting the slipper correctly, adjusting the servo saver tension correctly, etc. All these things are gone now and the manual only covers the operation of the vehicle (no tuning). These are probably perfect for someone knew who wants a durable RC for say a birthday present without being overwhelmed by all these adjustments and having to do regular maintenance.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't think to look at the manual.

Seems lots of the newer RTR cars from different brands are giving separate mounting holes for different pinion sizes these days, rather than sliding motor mounts. Makes it easy for the newbies, I guess.

I hate motors that have 2 adjustment screws to set the gear mesh, you tighten one down and the other moves :mad: then you have to start over again. I cannot wait for the Hot Racing mount to come back in stock because I really want one, as I prefer only having to mess with 1 screw to set my gear mesh.

Last edited:
I just got my son the Granite Voltage for Christmas. He ran it once then it started whining and not moving...I figured the slipper must have loosened up...took off dust cover and found it has no slipper??! WTH?? Seriously?! He didnt even finish the first pack and the trans is already toasted?? After looking closer...it seems the trans housing and frame are all 1 piece as well!! WTH??! This is turning out to be a nightmare...barely a step above Toys R Us...very disappointing, he has a Slash and a Bandit, both 2-3 years old with no issues to date...sad

Just ordered the Granite for my son to replace his 1st gen Ruckus that never was quite right. Hopefully this one will last a little longer. Got for $139 -$10 at Hobbytown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back