Fazon Fazon Voltage new Version?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Rain

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton 8S
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Mojave
  9. Nero
  10. Notorious
  11. Outcast 6s
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Senton 6s
  14. Talion
  15. Typhon 3s
  16. Vorteks
I found these two advertisements on Big Squid RC today...
Capture5.JPG

Is this a new 1/16 scale product line called voltage? Looking at the wheel nuts, these look very small scale. I cannot find anything on Arrma's official website and the links are dead when clicking on them.

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 79
I didn't see your post, just posted the same in Fazon forum.
Maybe it's the new name for the 1/10 BLX series.

Looks nice. Likely not though. You can see the brushed motor right ahead of the rear wheel. Nice find!

Arrma - Body Painted/Decaled Fazon Voltage Blue/Black Voltage | Arrma AR402195 *2017 Neuheit*
Marke:
Arrma / ProModels
Artikelnummer:
AR402195
EAN:

AR402196 Arrma - Body Painted/Decaled Granite Voltage Red/Black Voltage
Reference: AR402196

Condition: New product

Someone spilled the beans.

Wow, new 2wd mid motor platform too? Those Arrma designers been busy...
I never noticed the way that the motor was mounted onto the chassis suggesting 2wd until you pointed it out. I was hoping to be able to replace my MERV with this but I guess I won't be able to.

I really want them to make some solid 1/16 cars and trucks, but I hope the above are not them. That one and the Fazon voltage are clearly 2wd - rear wheel has motion blur from rotation, front does not. Same with the Fazon Voltage picture. I have several mini-scale cars, and to get anything remotely resembling off-road performance, they MUST have 4wd. 2wd makes them smooth-gravel-and-playground-mulch only.

hopefully, they have a 'Kraton 4x4 Voltage" still hidden away. But if there was a 4wd platform, I would think the Fazon Voltage would get it, and it didn't. :(

The Fazon voltage thread -
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/fazon-voltage-new-version.4926/#post-47851

Woodie - Merge?

And check out the blur on front wheels vs back wheels. RWD....

There is another thread on the Voltage Granite - so it looks like a new line. Maybe 1/16 scale?

Woodie - Merge please?

Agreed on all points Jerry-rigged.

Looks like Big Squid RC pulled the ads as of 3PM EST...so maybe this was a slip up.

Looks like they posted the tester video on these today.

Look at the size of the ESC compared to the rest of the chassis...I think this is it.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/granite/voltage/story-board

Wow, OK, not what I was expecting... After a first look at the specs, :)

First - Not a mini, but 1/10 scale. So we still have hope for a 1/16 4wd mini-Kraton :)

5-wire servo, but the RX has a plug for a 3-wire. Nice.

Designed to use 18650 cells, 2s style? Nice, those are easy to find local, thanks to the Vape'ers. Runing 3 sets of 2400 mah cells gives you 7200 mah, that will give some run time! Plus you can pull the 18650 holder and drop in a 'standard' lipo 2s.

I worry for motor cooling with it buried like that, but time will tell.

Price - $140 - matches the ECX AMP line. Should boost sales - not many LHS supported 1/10 cars out there under $150.

Now for Quality - will it bash, and not break? Time will tell...

This looks really low end but I'm strangely attracted to it.. Lol..

Looking at the steering - from the way the servo in mounted - CL of the chassis, and angled to match the front kick-up - I wonder if the steering links are mounted directly to a servo-mounted Servo-saver? Pic 11 in the story board hints at maybe a small Ackerman rack, but from pics 12 and 13, there is not much room in there for one. From a cost cutting POV, I could see doing the direct mount...

LOL, I have one of those, the 9120 version. Cheap cheap. cheap. Better than big box RC's but that is about the best you can say. That one does not even have a real servo.

For this this Mega SRS line, it will come down to overall quality. If we ignore the electronics, is the on par quality to the standard 'Mega'? Better? Worse? Could this be the way that all the Arrma 2wd cars will go? If they later release this same chassis with the current BLX power system, will it be better or worse than the current Granite BLX?

There are positives here. I like the new shock design - no more blown shock caps and lost springs. If the motor can breath, the mid-motor should make for better handling.

In my mind, I am trying to compare this to what ECX did for the AMP. The plus for ECX - they took their proven car, and figured out how to make it cheaper with only a few changes. Arrma started from scratch. Better or worse? Time will tell...

Hmmm... a 1:10, 2WD Fazon. Interesting. I'd probably have this over the ECX. Horizon has always been very good to me and that means a lot. At the same time, Arrma has never let me down either. So yeah, I'd go for this but... I already have a Jumpshot MT, which I love.

If the proportions make it ROAR legal in the Stadium Truck class I'll swap my Circuit for this. I run a T5m in the SCT category but I've been kicking but in the middle of the pack with my Trackstar powered Circuit. Mid-motor, 3 gear for under $150. Sign me up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back