Talion ESC Losing power randomly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotled

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Ok weird issue, My stock ESC is losing power every once in a while at random.
I'm not jumping, I'm running oval. The thing will just die and if I let it set for about 10-20 seconds w/o touching it , it starts to respond again.
I know it's not heat related because it will do it on about the 2nd lap sometimes, usually in a corner.

I emailed Arrma and they are sending me another one but I have done some searching , this as a common problem with the power switch possibly?

The cheap fake deans connectors cause this. Loses connection then regains connection and the esc resets. Replace the cheap deans

The cheap fake deans connectors cause this. Loses connection then regains connection and the esc resets. Replace the cheap deans

It's definitely a good idea to replace with real Deans connectors (or similar like EC5 or something), but, from my limited experience, I don't think that would have solved Hotled's problem. If it was off of a big jump or very bumpy part of the track, I could see that, but generally not a corner. And 10-20 seconds seems like a long time for a quick connection issue to resolve itself.

BigSplit - Do you have similar examples where this was found to be the actual source of the problem? Not trying to spark an argument or anything silly like that, just trying to further understand your recommendation in this scenario.

I had the same problem and i just had new deans connectors soldered on. It was a cheap and easy fix. I wasnt the only person to have that problem

Check the Arrma 1/8 fb group. A lot of us have had this problem. Another guy posted on the fb group having the same problem within the last couple days and then another guy a couple days before that. Pretty common issue.

Some will examine the connectors and bend the prong that usually has flattened out, most of us just replace them.

Ok thanks for the info guys. I will grab some male Deans today and swap them out.

It's definitely a good idea to replace with real Deans connectors (or similar like EC5 or something), but, from my limited experience, I don't think that would have solved Hotled's problem. If it was off of a big jump or very bumpy part of the track, I could see that, but generally not a corner. And 10-20 seconds seems like a long time for a quick connection issue to resolve itself.

BigSplit - Do you have similar examples where this was found to be the actual source of the problem? Not trying to spark an argument or anything silly like that, just trying to further understand your recommendation in this scenario.
The 10 to 20 sec delay is the esc in my case was the it had no power and would reset itself like when you first tur n it o. Aand if your o. The throttle or trying g to steer I would stall the start up process or the conector wouldnt be making a good enought concection causing the delay in restarting

im having a similar issue on my granite. I ran the granite with no wheel at full throttle while checking the voltage of my NIMH battery. it went from 7.9 to 4 volts within a couple of seconds of running it free spin until the esc shut off. I ordered a new battery and will check to see if that makes a difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back