Typhon ESC factory reset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangion

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi everyone

can someone help please .

how to reset the arrma typhon esc to factory default please .
i am doing exactly like instructions manual it saying this :

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn on the transmitter and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

the one thing that i am not understand is that my esc is flashing green light after 4sec pressing the set button not red the manual say that red / green will flash ?

and after doing this and i switch on the car again all the settings like punch setting an so remain the same like i left them not going like the level 4 in punch mode that is factory setting

is that normal or i am doing something wrong

thanks

I'm having a similar issue with mine, I just replaced the stock receiver with a spektrum one and it worked fine for a day, I put it up for a week and went to take it out today and all I have is steering with no throttle "forward or reverse". I tried to reset the esc to see if that would fix it but mine won't reset/ the lights won't blink at all.

I'm having the same issue with my notorious. Esc wont reset. I have steering but no forward/reverse

It doesn't seem like there has been any good response on this. I just tried to change my receiver and my BLX120 went into this green light blinking mode. I can't reset the ESC either now. So I can bind the receiver to the transmitter and I get steering control but no throttle control. Is this a fault with Arrma ESCs???

It doesn't seem like there has been any good response on this. I just tried to change my receiver and my BLX120 went into this green light blinking mode. I can't reset the ESC either now. So I can bind the receiver to the transmitter and I get steering control but no throttle control. Is this a fault with Arrma ESCs???

Last edited:
What radio are you using?

What radio are you using?
I was using DX5C with SRS6000. But I wanted to use AVC with another car. So switched to SR3100. It seemed to bind ok other than the no throttle. I then tried my tactic radio and receiver, but same problem. Then switched back to DX5C with SRS6000 and problem is still there.

Cannot believe this was never resolved.
My new Dx5c and 6100at are giving me trouble with reverse. I mess around with the settings and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Soooo...My daughter just purchased the Typhon (2s) and it went rogue on her last night.

She was flying in forward last night, when it then suddenly stopped and slammed itself into reverse on her. I tried to rebind/recalibrate but nothing is working. Also, when car is set to the "off" position, it twitches hard once in a while into reverse, as if it is still pushing power to the motor. When we turn it on, it slams into reverse without any reason, leaving rubber on my legs lol.

When I try to go forward, the esc just blinks at me. The esc also has a like hum to it when powered off, and it does this hum once in a while, almost as if its getting power once in while, it is not constant sound.

I want to do a factory reset on this thing, but, I can not locate this "set button" on the thing. I have read over the manual a few times but, there is really nothing in there regarding this topic on resets, unless I am missing it?

Any ideas? The esc is: MEGA 390288

Thanks In Advance!

Theres a blown or shorted transistor under fan
Soooo...My daughter just purchased the Typhon (2s) and it went rogue on her last night.

She was flying in forward last night, when it then suddenly stopped and slammed itself into reverse on her. I tried to rebind/recalibrate but nothing is working. Also, when car is set to the "off" position, it twitches hard once in a while into reverse, as if it is still pushing power to the motor. When we turn it on, it slams into reverse without any reason, leaving rubber on my legs lol.

When I try to go forward, the esc just blinks at me. The esc also has a like hum to it when powered off, and it does this hum once in a while, almost as if its getting power once in while, it is not constant sound.

I want to do a factory reset on this thing, but, I can not locate this "set button" on the thing. I have read over the manual a few times but, there is really nothing in there regarding this topic on resets, unless I am missing it?

Thanks In Advance!
Esc is bad. I had same problem

Thanks In Advance!
Esc is bad. I had same problem

Thanks In Advance!
I'm having the same problem with locating the esc reset button

Hi everyone

can someone help please .

how to reset the arrma typhon esc to factory default please .
i am doing exactly like instructions manual it saying this :

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn on the transmitter and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

the one thing that i am not understand is that my esc is flashing green light after 4sec pressing the set button not red the manual say that red / green will flash ?

and after doing this and i switch on the car again all the settings like punch setting an so remain the same like i left them not going like the level 4 in punch mode that is factory setting

is that normal or i am doing something wrong

thanks
Having the same issue. Found this video, it didn't fully work for me but I feel like I'm making progress with this work around and it may help others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back