Kraton Don't make this mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
I own just about every Arrma truck and love them all. Wanted to try another brand so I bought a Hobao Hyper SSTE truggy-----------Big mistake, Doesn't come close to Arrma products. Customer service is horrible. They don't answer the phone, they don't return emails. Glad I bought it from Tower. They are taking it back. The front axles bent a fell off and ruined the front drive cups within 10 minutes of first run. When I inspected the damage I realized the axles were too short and very weak. All drive axles look like 2s wimpy is size and strength. I cannot believe they call this a 6s truck.

I've had a couple of Ofna/HoBao Hyper buggies, Hyper 7 and 8, I found them to be very strongly built with very little plastic on them at all, I'd even say the out of the box quality is better than Arrma, as the shock towers are tougher aluminum and they have aluminum steering knuckles, etc. Very little if any changes required on these buggies, although they do make a higher end pro kit version with some carbon fiber pieces and other improvements.

I think their low end stuff is just a matter of get what you pay for. I was interested in the Hyper 10TT because I like the idea of a 1/10 scale 4wd truggy, but the reviews are similar to this one.

I own just about every Arrma truck and love them all. Wanted to try another brand so I bought a Hobao Hyper SSTE truggy-----------Big mistake, Doesn't come close to Arrma products. Customer service is horrible. They don't answer the phone, they don't return emails. Glad I bought it from Tower. They are taking it back. The front axles bent a fell off and ruined the front drive cups within 10 minutes of first run. When I inspected the damage I realized the axles were too short and very weak. All drive axles look like 2s wimpy is size and strength. I cannot believe they call this a 6s truck.
Just someone trying to jump on the ban wagon

The SSTE was on my short-list before getting the Kraton! Sorry to hear about your experience but I can't help feeling a touch vindicated in my choice of truck now.

I've had a couple of Ofna/HoBao Hyper buggies, Hyper 7 and 8, I found them to be very strongly built with very little plastic on them at all, I'd even say the out of the box quality is better than Arrma, as the shock towers are tougher aluminum and they have aluminum steering knuckles, etc. Very little if any changes required on these buggies, although they do make a higher end pro kit version with some carbon fiber pieces and other improvements.

I think their low end stuff is just a matter of get what you pay for. I was interested in the Hyper 10TT because I like the idea of a 1/10 scale 4wd truggy, but the reviews are similar to this one.
I hope you are correct jonUF02, I really believe the wrong axles were put on at factory. No way would even a cheap truck like redcat put such sissy size axles on a truck intended for 6s. Sorry to disagree with you but based on this truggy, Hobao isn't near the quality of any of my Arrmas. I do really like the motor mount set up in the Hobao.

The SSTE was on my short-list before getting the Kraton! Sorry to hear about your experience but I can't help feeling a touch vindicated in my choice of truck now.
83n You made a great choice. I am disgusted.

I have the cage truggy and hyper vt. Love both and have no problems as well. Find the quality to be comparable to the Arrma line. I might consider it is the original authors driving style compared to others as I have seen him thoroughly trash the Nero line (like others), and I have hadn't had problems, like others. I am currently waiting on a replacement spur gear for a Losi Lst Xxl2e, it is plastic for some reason. It is also converted from gas because I wasn't satisfied with that power. Do Losis also suck.

BTW I run Tekin RX8/1900 in Cage and BLX200/ 4075 in the VT. 6S only

Jlolly, This truck was making a clicking noise the second I started to check it out. I first pulled the center diff out to because I thought the noise was coming from center diff. Found nothing wrong with diff except the satellite gears seem very light and soft. put it back together ran it on 4s about half throttle when both axles fell out and ruined diff cups. No jumping or high speed runs, It just crapped out. Hopefully I have defective parts. Or even wrong parts. Waiting on Hobao to check it out. As far as the Nero, Check the threads, Nothing but problems with it. As for LOSI. I have one, The Ten MT and love it. Cant hardly brake it. My only problem with Losi is they use metric and SAE screws.

Took it back apart this afternoon and examined the axles again. Looks like they didn't get hardened at factory. I can bend them with ease by hand.

Jlolly, This truck was making a clicking noise the second I started to check it out. I first pulled the center diff out to because I thought the noise was coming from center diff. Found nothing wrong with diff except the satellite gears seem very light and soft. put it back together ran it on 4s about half throttle when both axles fell out and ruined diff cups. No jumping or high speed runs, It just crapped out. Hopefully I have defective parts. Or even wrong parts. Waiting on Hobao to check it out. As far as the Nero, Check the threads, Nothing but problems with it. As for LOSI. I have one, The Ten MT and love it. Cant hardly brake it. My only problem with Losi is they use metric and SAE screws.

Took it back apart this afternoon and examined the axles again. Looks like they didn't get hardened at factory. I can bend them with ease by hand.

How you like that ten mt? I have been looking into getting a 1/10 truggy and was first looking at them. I have a deal on the table for a brand new one for $300 bucks. I saw that support was light and some of the parts that should be metal aren't available. I also heard they horribly overheat. I then stated looking at the Hyper TT. I'm real close to pulling the trigger. Can you give me your take?

I love my Losi and my Hyper. Choosing one would be hard, but I think the Losi is of a little, not much, higher quality. $300 for the Ten sounds like a great deal and I might take that now and maybe get the TT later. The TT is awesome, I have cage version, but replaced original motor and esc. It didn't seem to have the power of the BLX200 system I replaced it with at first, or the Tekin that is now in there. If you can get it as a roller and add your chosen elecectronics would be ideal. IMO

Love my 10 MT. Only upgrade I have done is put a steel spur gear in it so I can run 3s. Truck is solid. Tires balloon a lot but I wrapped them with fishing string.

I've also heard great things on the TenMT. It was on my wish list until I decided for the bigger Talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back