Outcast Different motor/esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two outcasts. Stock esc just died in one. In the other, a replacement Traxxas motor died. Just ordered replacements for both trucks. I will probably file a claim for the esc just to have a spare, but overall, I'm very happy to be stepping away from arrma esc and motor and toward something I know better (with sensors and programmability)

That said, if I weren't a hacker I'd prob just warranty and keep stock. When it works, stock rocks on these guys. :)

I see many using the leopard or hobbystar 1730 or 1480. But personally IMHO not a fan of that carrier. Plus those motors are 92mm in length and feel thats too long. Ive always been a fan of Tekin. The 8t 1350 and 1550 for 6s are only 4mm longer than the arrma stock motor. With my old Tekin i never ran a fan. I didnt have to and could run long stretches in the grass with no issues. The rx8 esc is second to none!

Monster x and a sensored motor in each. Yay data!end
All castle. I thought about tekin but I like having the Same instrumentation in both (and the same telemetry)

You have to do only what feels right to you. In the end its your budget and rc truck. Cant go wrong with that set up. I used the castle motor 2028 with 800kv in my 5th scale and loved it!

I never ran the stock electronics , 1st thing I did was raise the center diff a bit in my Kraton and mount a castle 1717 motor along with a hobby wing max 8 esc and a upgraded servo. Love this thing .

I never ran the stock electronics , 1st thing I did was raise the center diff a bit in my Kraton and mount a castle 1717 motor along with a hobby wing max 8 esc and a upgraded servo. Love this thing .

What pinion size do you use with that motor? Is that the 1650 or 1580?

What pinion size do you use with that motor? Is that the 1650 or 1580?
I took it out of a traxxas xo-1 i had , not sure if thats the 1650 or 1580 , i wish it was the old 1717 green can though but they are discontinued. I run a tooth or 2 higher than what the truck had come with , I forget as i installed the pinion awhile back , I run on 6s but may up the pinion soon for more top end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back