Senton CVD axle removal issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtttstrm21

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi guys, this is my first post so will keep it brief.

I cannot remove any of the aluminium Wheel Hex from the CVD axles on my Senton.

I have just about rounded all 4 of the set screws AR724505 from countless attempts to remove them from inside the wheel hex/CVD axle.

I couldn't find anything on You tube/google so shouldve just come to the arrma forum first lol!

Cheers T
_20170608_233027.JPG
_20170608_234419.JPG

Hi guys, this is my first post so will keep it brief.

I cannot remove any of the aluminium Wheel Hex from the CVD axles on my Senton.

I have just about rounded all 4 of the set screws AR724505 from countless attempts to remove them from inside the wheel hex/CVD axle.

I couldn't find anything on You tube/google so shouldve just come to the arrma forum first lol!

Cheers TView attachment 10500 View attachment 10501[/QUOTE

Hello and welcome to the best forum. We're all here to help one another so here I go......lol. First off those screws are installed using loctite to keep from coming loose. The way I removed mine was I used a hair blow dryer on high and heated the screw till it was good and hot. This with let the loctite release it's bond and you can then remove the screw. I also cut a soda can and made a make do shield so to speak to keep the heat off the hub and bearing, I wanted to fix it not create another problem. Hope this helps! Another thought is to heat it up with a lighter. Careful not to over heat it or you'll toast your bearings and or melt the plastic hub

Hey MeesterC, thanks for your reply.
I tried the heat method but to no avail as the screws are too rounded.

Had I been more patient and posted my question on the forum first, I would've applied your method and have success.

Not sure what to do now.
Feeling very helpless

Hey MeesterC, thanks for your reply.
I tried the heat method but to no avail as the screws are too rounded.

Had I been more patient and posted my question on the forum first, I would've applied your method and have success.

Not sure what to do now.
Feeling very helpless

Your only hope now is to maybe get some left-handed drill bits and drill them out. When doing it this way you first drill slowly to heat the screw up then push the bit in and the bit may grab the screw and back it out. Remember though with the left-handed drill bits the drill has to be in reverse. They sell the set screws in packs of 4 and I don't think they are that much. I know hobby town sells them and will ship them for $2. Hope you get this worked out, I know not being able to bash the car stinks......lol. Wish you luck!

One other thing that I just thought of is maybe, just maybe a torx bit, the star bits, would work. Maybe you could find one that you could tap down in the screw and might just snag it enough to back it out. I've had luck with this in the past. If this doesn't work then you will have to resort to drilling them out but be careful and don't drill into the pins behind the screws.

you can try to drive the pins out with a punch also.
But you have to have a really good punch that is a bit smaller then the cross pin hole.
You can try taking a soldering gun and heat up the set screw.
Then try a reverse drill.
Another option is to just drill through the set screw which takes a really good drill and some time and skill.

Ok guys I will order the left handed drill bits and try drilling set screws out in reverse.

I will post my results once completed, thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back