Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,I cut just 1 top corner brace out front/rear and the 3/8" barely fit but it's pretty easy to remove.
That's what I did with my brace also, but it was too snug and I just cut both sides of center cross piece out. Still plenty sturdy without it. I roof landed hard at jump park a few days ago with bad mid air correction from at least 10 feet up, no breakage. Just a momentary dent in my pride...Lol.

Last edited:
Yes,I cut just 1 top corner brace out front/rear and the 3/8" barely fit but it's pretty easy to remove.

Figured that's what needed to be done, just thought I'd check .

Thanks!

That's what I did with my brace also, but it was too snug and I just cut both sides of center cross piece out. Still plenty sturdy without it. I roof landed hard at jump park a few days ago with bad mid air correction from at least 10 feet up, no breakage. Just a momentary dent in my pride...Lol.

Great, thanks for chiming in Rich!
If it works for you with the way you bash these machines it'll work for anyone..Lol.

Steve I'm not overly concerned with sparing my Kraton body. If you jump your rigs high enough/bash rough style....Etc there's a real possibility of the stock chassis support system failing. They normally fail in the rear from what I've seen/heard. When they fail, your chassis and shock tower can tweak, bulkhead break, possible damage to at least rear diff gears and center driveshaft. I've already bashed the crap out of my Kraton without it and been OK. But to me it's a matter of time as I like doing motocross size jumps. Don't feel like this mod is a must do. If I don't like any adverse changes to handling caused from lack of chassis flex, mine will either get modified or be removed. Until then it's insurance in avoiding an epic fail. GKA chassis braces look really nice, too. Wanted to try tower to tower first. So far I'm really liking it.

Hey Rich my name Chris, I'm up here in Maine. I love all your videos man, and the info you put out is fantastic. I also love how you enjoy this hobby with your kids as I do. I am relatively new to this hobby, but I am learning fast. I started with a Losi 10MT last January and I just recently got a hold of an Outcast. I have already busted up my Outcast in a few hard hits, but that is part of the game right!? I was curious if you might be able to break it down super simple for a hardware challenged basher as myself on what materials and how you went about making that awesome brace on your Outcast! Thanks again for all the great info and bash sessions!!

Hey Rich my name Chris, I'm up here in Maine. I love all your videos man, and the info you put out is fantastic. I also love how you enjoy this hobby with your kids as I do. I am relatively new to this hobby, but I am learning fast. I started with a Losi 10MT last January and I just recently got a hold of an Outcast. I have already busted up my Outcast in a few hard hits, but that is part of the game right!? I was curious if you might be able to break it down super simple for a hardware challenged basher as myself on what materials and how you went about making that awesome brace on your Outcast! Thanks again for all the great info and bash sessions!!
Thanks so much bro!!! I'm at work now or would send detailed pics. I use same 1/2" round aluminum stock on both of my Outcasts, sells at Home Depot in 3 foot lengths. Simply notch each end with a file edge or cutting tool if careful. Front rests on top of tower, rear rests against center tower upright on top of wing mount system. Zip tie to secure. I added a rubber plug to provide some cushion in back, not really necessary. Do recommend placing a dense square foam piece under rear brace on top of wing mount. Measure twice and cut once, go slow so it fits right.
IMG_20170303_194549289.jpg
IMG_20170303_194504058.jpg
IMG_20170303_194518354.jpg
IMG_20170303_194549289.jpg
IMG_20170303_194504058.jpg
View attachment 10230

I love your idea. i think im going to try to make one like it.. adding in a guard for thr Center diff. Had to buy an esc because mine made it way into it and ate it up. Reason to try your idea, i broke my rear chassis brace, rear diff case, a arm mount, and who knows whats next. thanks for the great idea. We bash on some crazy big ramps.

Thanks so much bro!!! I'm at work now or would send detailed pics. I use same 1/2" round aluminum stock on both of my Outcasts, sells at Home Depot in 3 foot lengths. Simply notch each end with a file edge or cutting tool if careful. Front rests on top of tower, rear rests against center tower upright on top of wing mount system. Zip tie to secure. I added a rubber plug to provide some cushion in back, not really necessary. Do recommend placing a dense square foam piece under rear brace on top of wing mount. Measure twice and cut once, go slow so it fits right.View attachment 10228 View attachment 10229 View attachment 10231 View attachment 10228 View attachment 10229 View attachment 10230
Just a quick one for ya. Been making a T to T brace for the Kraton it a bit harder than it was for the Outcast because the body is lower. I've notched the front and rear with a little play for some flex.
The rear shock tower is quite thin in the middle where the brace fits have you bent the tower in that spot??
Cheers !!!

IMG_3805.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG

Just a quick one for ya. Been making a T to T brace for the Kraton it a bit harder than it was for the Outcast because the body is lower. I've notched the front and rear with a little play for some flex.
The rear shock tower is quite thin in the middle where the brace fits have you bent the tower in that spot??
Cheers !!!

View attachment 10292 View attachment 10293
Cheers !!!

View attachment 10292 View attachment 10293
Looks good bro!!! Mine hasn't bent yet, however my son bent his a tad on his Outcast, but holy moly, he tail and nose landed pretty hard, more times than I could count!!! Think he caught the body in the dirt, cuz the tower ears were bent enough for me to pull the tower off and do the old hammer and wood caveman trick...Lol. Just ordered 2 Voltage Hobbies rear towers and another servo mount. I'll let you know how they work out.

Looks good bro!!! Mine hasn't bent yet, however my son bent his a tad on his Outcast, but holy moly, he tail and nose landed pretty hard, more times than I could count!!! Think he caught the body in the dirt, cuz the tower ears were bent enough for me to pull the tower off and do the old hammer and wood caveman trick...Lol. Just ordered 2 Voltage Hobbies rear towers and another servo mount. I'll let you know how they work out.
Thanks !! That was hilarious bra LMFAO !!
Backflip oh 3s lol !! Kids there Gold
I would be really interested how the rear towers go? Have u ran the Outcast wheelie bar on the Kraton ?

Thanks !! That was hilarious bra LMFAO !!
Backflip oh 3s lol !! Kids there Gold
I would be really interested how the rear towers go? Have u ran the Outcast wheelie bar on the Kraton ?
Yes, I've had the wheelie bar on the Kraton for some time now, works great, also on my Typhon. Sometimes I'll just hammer the throttle and it definitely helps from just catching the wing at speed when those tires hook up. Here's a side pic, mind you that's a Typhon rear wing I'm been running since I rebuilt her from bare chassis. My daughter obliterated my stock wing months ago...Lol.
IMG_20170526_073710184.jpg

Yes, I've had the wheelie bar on the Kraton for some time now, works great, also on my Typhon. Sometimes I'll just hammer the throttle and it definitely helps from just catching the wing at speed when those tires hook up. Here's a side pic, mind you that's a Typhon rear wing I'm been running since I rebuilt her from bare chassis. My daughter obliterated my stock wing months ago...Lol.View attachment 10295
Thanks !!

If it does might have to try the CF ones. What's your thought on them ?
I was checking those out also on eBay. Wanted to buy another Voltage Hobbies servo mount anyhow and am still a bit partial to aluminum. Bending towers back straight again isn't too big of a deal, but don't want to being doing it regularly. These new towers that Kenny Murillo is making look damn sweet, worth giving a try. One thing's for certain, I've bent my share of towers, with my kid's help ofcoarse...Lol.

I was checking those out also on eBay. Wanted to buy another Voltage Hobbies servo mount anyhow and am still a bit partial to aluminum. Bending towers back straight again isn't too big of a deal, but don't want to being doing it regularly. These new towers that Kenny Murillo is making look damn sweet, worth giving a try. One thing's for certain, I've bent my share of towers, with my kid's help ofcoarse...Lol.
Snapped the rear chassis brace breaking in the Kraton today. Broke her skate bowl virginity!! GKA or hot racing ?? I know there's threads about it. What's your thoughts ?? Cheers :cool: She's a BEAST

Snapped the rear chassis brace breaking in the Kraton today. Broke her skate bowl virginity!! GKA or hot racing ?? I know there's threads about it. What's your thoughts ?? Cheers :cool: She's a BEAST
I'm loving my Hot Racing braces. Now have them on both Outcasts, Kraton, and Typhon. Never tried GKA cuz didn't feel like sending a PM ordering on Facebook...etc, really should have a basic website to run a business. The fit is absurdly perfect. Like that they use the top nut design. Some have said the nuts loosen easily. I Loctite mine and just check snugness before every bash like I do my shocks and other fasteners anyway. Love them so far, been flawless.

Do you guys use alu chassis braces and a tower-to-tower brace?

Are they both needed or would one or the other suffice?

Reason I ask is that I like my bling to have a tangible impact on performance. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back