Granite Charger/Battery for new Granite 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDUB

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I am looking to buy the new Granite 4x4, but also need to get a charger and back up batteries. I have had some advice for SMC batteries. How do I know the size that will fit and the connector? Can someone point me towards a couple 2s lipo batteries and charger. Too many options and I can't tell what is what?!?!?

Thanks! What broke on your Granite? I'm still deciding between a Granite or Kraton. Only worry on Kraton is it will be too fast for kids.
Steering Servo was acting up, so Arrma sent a new one out (Metal, not the plastic one, so Kudos to Arrma Customer Service). I'm a beginner, but I find the Granite 4x4 plenty fast, if not too fast (with a 2s) for the places I'm driving it. It definitely has some snap, even on the NimH. My buddy has the Kraton, and if I owned it, I would destroy it. My skills aren't real great AND I simply don't want a speed demon. Ripping small jumps and zig-zagging between trees in my back yard makes me happy, and its got plenty of power to keep me on my toes on a short track.
-Dave

I have that charger listed up there and it was fun until I got one of these: dual charger ac/dc, touch screen color, comes with lipo bag, balance boards, etc. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laegendary...176818?hash=item48f66ff1b2:g:eVQAAOSw4V5f9j3A
and for a 2s battery: https://www.amazon.com/GOLDBAT-5200...255347&sprefix=goldbat+2s+cham,aps,190&sr=8-1
You can use a male deans to female ec5 battery adapter or solder on your own connectors or just stop at the hobby shop and have them solder on the connector.

I'd spend a little money on the charger, more than $38 for sure. Especially considering charging Lipos are the most volatile aspect of electric RC.

If you plan to expand your fleet in the next few years to more than 2S, then I'd get a charger with dual charging capabilities and at least 200 watts.

I have 2 x 5000 mAh 3s batteries AND to charge them both at the same time at 1C (aka 5 amps), you'll need the 200 watts on AC (aka wall plug).

This will still take about 1 hour to charge each battery.

I bought one from Banggood (linked via RDQ below).

I wouldn't recommend Banggood for super sensitive stuff. They seem to always ship in the item's original packaging... meaning you can get screwed if the original manufacturer packaging does not have packing foam to protect the unit. I have bought a lot of other stuff though, silicon wire, servos, DumboRC TX/Rx, LEDs, scale accessories, etc. Those come through fine.

Here is a stateside link for one I have.. personally I don't like RDQ - (They say they do price match, but they don't... wouldn't price match a Tinyhawk2 from Emax's own website.)

https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...attery-charger?_pos=1886&_sid=8ca699d9e&_ss=r

Very nice charger but for a color touch screen dual channel charger that is capable of charging two 3s 5200mah batteries at over 7amp each if desired for $30 (i paid) that's not bad. Comes with lipo bag, balance boards, charging lead adapters. It's pretty good for a beginner. It has a wall plug. And if you take it out with you, it comes with a dc adapter for your car and in dc mode it doubles the available power to 240w instead of just 150w on the wall plug. Again, very good deal for $30.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back