Change BLX200 BEC output to 7.2v

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thangstudio

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
As far as I know, the BLX200 series uses the ESC Hobbywing MAX 8 and the current on the BEC can be adjusted to 7.2v.
By default, Arrma just let the current on the BEC of the BLX200 is 6v.
This is a waste when I use a Servo HV that can run at 7.4v and 8.4 with greater traction and speed.
Anyone have any ideas or guidelines to do, please help. Special thanks!
$_58.JPG

It's set at 6.0v to keep it from frying the diff brain servos. I believe some folks were attempting to use separate receiver packs to power the steering servo at full strength without compromising the diff brain servos. It required a wiring harness of some kind but I'm not sure if anyone made it work.

If you install a BEC that is powered directly from your batteries you can power your HV servo with 7.4V or higher depending on the BEC you install. As for the stock BLX ESC there is no way to change the BEC voltage setting. You are right that it is a re-branded Hobbywing, but Arrma has locked out a lot of the settings. The only options for running a steering servo that uses higher than 6.0V in a Nero is either to replace the ESC or install a separate BEC to power the servo directly.

The stock Arrma BLX200 ESC BEC setting can not be reprogrammed or changed. The only way to change the voltage output on a Nero, Big Rock, or Fazon is either to install an external BEC or replace the stock BLX200 with an aftermarket fully programmable ESC.

Hey, you seem knowledgeable with BLX200 things... Does it have to beep only 2 times upon arming? Or should it beep as many times as many cells battery you are using? Mine beeps only twice and discharges LiPos below 3.2V (

Hey, you seem knowledgeable with BLX200 things... Does it have to beep only 2 times upon arming? Or should it beep as many times as many cells battery you are using? Mine beeps only twice and discharges LiPos below 3.2V (

As far as I know the BLX200 will only beep 2 times when you turn it on regardless of what batteries are plugged in. I have run my Big Rock on 3S, 4S, & 6S, but I have only ever heard 2 beeps when I turn the truck on.

Hi there I have a arrma nero 6s I keep getting loss of power and it cuts out can you plzzz help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back