CC BEC Keeps Blowing Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disturbedfuel15

Geek Extraordinaire!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys and Gals,

I feel so bad. I sold my Kraton to 'Germ', but I didn't use it for a couple months and when I went to start it up, the receiver popped and smoke came out. So I ordered another receiver. I plugged in the new receiver via the Castle Creations BEC (which was working fine the whole time I had the truck) and it blew the new receiver. So I have a third receiver coming in the mail. Is there anything I may be missing other than thinking the BEC somehow is faulty??

The buyer is being very nice about it, so I want to get this to him in good condition ASAP.

Thanks!

Hey Guys and Gals,

I feel so bad. I sold my Kraton to 'Germ', but I didn't use it for a couple months and when I went to start it up, the receiver popped and smoke came out. So I ordered another receiver. I plugged in the new receiver via the Castle Creations BEC (which was working fine the whole time I had the truck) and it blew the new receiver. So I have a third receiver coming in the mail. Is there anything I may be missing other than thinking the BEC somehow is faulty??

The buyer is being very nice about it, so I want to get this to him in good condition ASAP.

Thanks!
I don't have any experience with external BEC myself, is it possible that the BEC is putting out too high of voltage for the receiver?

I'll have to get out my ohmmeter tonight and see what it's reading. I never reprogrammed it, so it should be the default 5.1v

I'll have to get out my ohmmeter tonight and see what it's reading. I never reprogrammed it, so it should be the default 5.1v
Like I said, I don't have any experience with external BEC units, but I believe some of them are adjustable and that would be the first thing I would check.

Well I found out what was happening. The ESC's wires were being pinched since it butted right up against the servo mount. After 3 receivers, I got it working. Bad news is, I found out the savox sa-1230sg digital servo I just installed is fried... It is never ending. I can't believe I am THAT seller

Well I found out what was happening. The ESC's wires were being pinched since it butted right up against the servo mount. After 3 receivers, I got it working. Bad news is, I found out the savox sa-1230sg digital servo I just installed is fried... It is never ending. I can't believe I am THAT seller
I'm sorry to hear about the servo. At least you got the receiver figured out and hopefully you only have this one last issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back