Castle Creation SCT Motor in Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That I am not 100% sure on if it's better in every way but that's the way I'm going personally just because my fury with that setup eats gears like no other, I think I've got close to 25-30 busted gears that I've replaced

OK, that's good to know. Wearer did you get the other gears? That might be a good investment for me.

Where*

Ok, thanks. This motor is so new to me, I just converted to brushless, from a car that I've had for awhile, and spare parts total is almost as high as the motor and esc. But if I can get these metal ones, they shouldn't strip easily right?

I've had mine since November 2014 and my parts list is overwhelming lol, but as far as the metal gears holding up there should be no issues, I've done just about everything you could do to destroy the gears and they just keep going,

That's very good to know. Those metal gears are a must. Especially when I'm bashing. Which is what I usually do with it.

That's what I do with mine, I taken mine bashing on just about any surface or terrain you can think of, including going through a small creek that was bout 2feet deep and the truck just kinda "floated" just under the surface through the water churning up the water pretty good with no problems, I've also launched it across a creek but that one is the reason I bought the aluminum lower chassis plate lol

You got those part numbers, if not I'll start looking, but if you can find them that would be great.

I'll go look right quick

Ok I was only able to find the part number for the metal gear diff set, ar310416 metal gear diff set. The idler gear I have is 28t and the shaft gear is 20t, I will continue to look for the other part numbers. And the spur pinion combo I'm running is a 13t pinion and a 54t spur

Here is my gears in the stock housing

Attachments

• IMG_3486.JPG
    IMG_3486.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 55
I also put metal gears in my diff. Not because I wrecked a gear but I sheared a pin on I e of the planetary gears and since I was into the diff replaced the gears anyways. I find that with my castle sv3 combo I go thru out put cups and the hub shaft cups like crazy. Haven't come across and upgrade for them as there already metal. Need to fit some CVDs somehow, dog bones are stupid for brushless motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back