Kraton Building my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKraton14

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well. Just Spent more than I wanted

The goal was yesterday was just buy some use
Rc cars to play around for the day.

Ended up getting some traxxas stampede

And while i was at my local Hobby shop purchasing batteries

I ended up buying a Kraton 6s
So now im here

Bought
2x 3s Onyx 11.1 50c 60wh lipo 5400mah battery
Venom Pro Quad Charger

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS TO BUILDING MY KRATON TO LAST LONGER AND RELIABLE

Current on stable
X01 with some goodies
Traxxas stampede
Arrma Kraton

Attachments

• IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    428.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2968.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2989.PNG
    IMG_2989.PNG
    529.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 130
Thanks to @2Hyper for suggestion on
Some aluminum preventative parts
I ordered today.

Question is Can i use my
Stock screws or willI have to purchase different ones ? If so, what screws should i purchase.
Thanks.

Added a Fan today

Waiting to arrive WednesdAy
Trencher Tires
4x lipo 6s batteries
4x lipo 3s batteries also

Thinking on putting a
light bar
Some
Good suspension (open for suggestions)
Body shaft i think its called to lessen the flex (any suggestions also)

My indy also recommended changing the oil to 70 weight.

So far thats it. What you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2983.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3017.JPG
    IMG_3017.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 93
My suggestions -

Buy a screw kit - then never have worries about missing screws again -
https://www.amazon.com/RCScrewZ-RC-...&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=arrma+kraton+screw+kit

Shim the diffs -
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/shimming-the-diffs.1769/

Then Servo mount (voltage hobbies or GKA) and a better servo - something with +300oz-in and speed of .15 or better (I like .10s) I had a Protec 150t in my Talion, it was a beast and silly fast. My Kraton has a Savox 227SG - Also a great servo.

Last would probably be springs - I see lots of people running Tekno orange springs, although I don't know what length to order (probably the longest ones) Personally, I just stretched my stock spring an extra 1/2" and they were good. Redneck, but it worked (see user name, LOL)

Here is a post from another Kraton Thread, where I list some aftermarket Screws. I use these anywhere they will fit, and the cap style head on them is deeper and less likely to strip, and they are a 2.5mm hex instead of a 2mm. the tough part is that you have to buy bags of 25 or 50, but you'll have replacements forever.

Here is the link to one of the Screws. I used a list of screw sizes that was posted by @WoodiE, in order to find the screws I needed. I was actually looking to order black, but now that the stainless came in, I really like it. All the screws I got use a 2.5MM hex instead of the 2mm, so it's that much easier to get at them. I also have a replacement set of stock screws, because some places don't have room for the taller head.

https://www.grainger.com/product/6C...ntly_Viewed-_-AZCART_67708&cm_vc=AZCART_67708

29DH50_AS01?$zmmain$.jpg

@KrazyKraton14 looks like you're off to a good start. The first upgrade I'd suggest for sure is an aluminum servo mount for sure!
Can you Provide Links for It thanks

My suggestions -

https://www.amazon.com/RCScrewZ-RC-...&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=arrma+kraton+screw+kit

Shim the diffs -

Then Servo mount (voltage hobbies or GKA) and a better servo - something with +300oz-in and speed of .15 or better (I like .10s) I had a Protec 150t in my Talion, it was a beast and silly fast. My Kraton has a Savox 227SG - Also a great servo.

Last would probably be springs - I see lots of people running Tekno orange springs, although I don't know what length to order (probably the longest ones) Personally, I just stretched my stock spring an extra 1/2" and they were good. Redneck, but it worked (see user name, LOL)
Ive been reading on the Shim diy
I may just do that soon also.

And springs definitely ill check once it comes in from shop to see which are they.

And as far as Servo is what are the best ones out there? I see a few selection on savox
2274sg
2273sg
2270sg
2271sg
All in range of $100. Which should i get.

I guess its vase on personal experience.

Also where do we get the Middle bar piece that help not flex the car. Goes from rear tower to front instead of that breaking.

Also this part if anyone can provide a link.

Ok just found the site.
Do i really need to get all those Hot Racing goodies. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
TAKE THOSE ONYX BATTERIES BACK!!! The onyx batteries are well known for puffing and causing people's cars to go up in flames. You have been warned!!! Seriously, take those batteries back and exchange them for a different brand. There are several threads here in these forums noting and documenting the problems with these. Really hate to come back to your thread and read that your kraton has burned.

My suggestions -

Shim the diffs -

I would never ever buy a screw kit from RCScrewz, unless I was building a shelf queen. I have not heard one good thing about them, they are made from cheap stainless steel and either strip out, bend or break. Get a hold of Tony @ Tony's Screws I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Can you Provide Links for It thanks

Ive been reading on the Shim diy
I may just do that soon also.

And springs definitely ill check once it comes in from shop to see which are they.

And as far as Servo is what are the best ones out there? I see a few selection on savox
2274sg
2273sg
2270sg
2271sg
All in range of $100. Which should i get.

I guess its vase on personal experience.

Also where do we get the Middle bar piece that help not flex the car. Goes from rear tower to front instead of that breaking.

Also this part if anyone can provide a link.

Ok just found the site.
Do i really need to get all those Hot Racing goodies. Lol

That middle bar is called a tower to tower brace, I used a piece of 1/2" aluminum bar, cut a notch in one end to fit into the lower part of the rear shock tower, cut it a little longer than I needed then cut another notch on the side to sit on top of the front shock tower. I put a piece of foam under the rear part where it sits on the top of the rear chassis brace and I zipped tied everything down with 8" cable ties.
RpyZ5gkh.jpg

p6UQaYCh.jpg

No you do not need the Hot Racing goodies just the chassis braces is all I would buy. Get Voltage Hobbies servo mount and shock towers.

For springs I am running Tekno TKR6083 in the back and Tekno TKR6093 in the front.

Welp. Broke the Gear tooth today,

Fixed under 1 hr. They come with extra gear but thats only 13 tooth one so i end up Putting 14tooth one and holy Sh*t balls! It woke up the car. It wont stop doing wheelies!

Attachments

• IMG_3040.JPG
    IMG_3040.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3041.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3042.JPG
    IMG_3042.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3043.JPG
    IMG_3043.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 94
Trust me when I tell you this, that other pinion will not last long. Get a Robinson Racing pinion put threadlocker on the motor shaft as well as the grub screw.

TAKE THOSE ONYX BATTERIES BACK!!! The onyx batteries are well known for puffing and causing people's cars to go up in flames. You have been warned!!! Seriously, take those batteries back and exchange them for a different brand. There are several threads here in these forums noting and documenting the problems with these. Really hate to come back to your thread and read that your kraton has burned.

Wow good Thing. My hobby store ordered me some smc

Let send me some link that is good.
I think battery i order from her are some onnyx as well. Ill have her change it.

I seen this battery also are they good?

If u have better suggestion. Pls add some link here

My main thing is battery that will last me some play time and some power but not over doing it.
Thanks

Trust me when I tell you this, that other pinion will not last long. Get a Robinson Racing pinion put threadlocker on the motor shaft as well as the grub screw.

What part of robinson part # should i get

Yup i did use loctite on the motor shaft screw
The big gear what should i use ?
Add link also
And i will be doing yhe shims as well soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2976.PNG
    IMG_2976.PNG
    454.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3044.PNG
    IMG_3044.PNG
    375.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I am running the 12t on my Outcast which is RRP1212, if you want run a 13t pinion it is part number RRP1213. Whatever tooth size you want to run just replace the last two digits with the tooth count. Be careful to pay attention to the actual gears when shopping as some part numbers bring up Vintage Robinson Racing 48p gears(seems they recycled part numbers) I buy mine off ebay as they usually have the lowest price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Ra...312215&hash=item2838531f46:g:PZEAAOSwstJZS-l2

As far as I know there are no replacement spur gears. You are stuck with that size unless you swap out the center diff for one from a different vehicle.

There was a thread over on URC about batteries and few guys said they used those Basher batteries( I think Vas from Aussie RC Playground uses them as well) and said they worked pretty well.

The Hobbystar batteries I am not to sure about.

If you are looking at budget lipos I have heard nothing but good things about the Geforce series batteries from valuehobby http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/batteries/3s-lipo/elite-40c-5000mah-3s-t.html

Losi mod1 pinions worked flawlessly for 2 years in my ofna buggy...
I was reading a thread over on either the Traxxas forums or RcTech about pinions, and there were quite a few people raving about the Losi pinions.

Thought on what good battery i should get here

Whats the difference between the 3s
5200 mah 45c Vs 5600 60c

And the higher C count kraton can handle that?
If i get 5600mah 60c 3s 2x batteries for kraton i should still be fine im assuming.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.PNG
    IMG_3047.PNG
    374.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3048.PNG
    IMG_3048.PNG
    469.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3049.PNG
    IMG_3049.PNG
    366.4 KB · Views: 55
Spoke to Smc Rep danny. Via email. Very fast replies almost like we are talking to each other.
Ended up ordering 2x
6700 mah 145amps/90c w/g10 plates

Attachments

• IMG_3066.PNG
    IMG_3066.PNG
    673.5 KB · Views: 70
That'll be a great battery. And you will get a ton of run time on the 6700Mah. Just remember longer run times mean your motor and ESC may get hot. Only because it needs a chance to cool down here and there. Just keep an eye on it, at first. Then you will get a feel for what you can do and for how long. How heavy is that thing?

Spoke to Smc Rep danny. Via email. Very fast replies almost like we are talking to each other.
Ended up ordering 2x
6700 mah 145amps/90c w/g10 plates
From everything I have heard about SMC you will not be disappointed.

That'll be a great battery. And you will get a ton of run time on the 6700Mah. Just remember longer run times mean your motor and ESC may get hot. Only because it needs a chance to cool down here and there. Just keep an eye on it, at first. Then you will get a feel for what you can do and for how long. How heavy is that thing?
456gr /16.08oz

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back