Budget R/C Boat Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Every year I seem to end up on some vacation/ long weekend on a lake somewhere. I'm all about the fishing in the morning and relaxing with a cold one (or 5 or 6 lol) in the evening, but I gotta get me a boat for the afternoons. You can only float around on a tube for so long!
What's a good boat for a once or twice a year voyage out on the lake?

Anybody have any recommendations?

Was doing some research on the ProBoat Stealthwake. I'll have to check out the Traxxas too. Seems they are somewhat comparable. Thanks!

For a budget option, check out the Feilun FT011. 650mm deep V with a 4s brushless water cooled power system for $125 rtr. Do a google and YouTube search, they have a pretty big following.

I have a pair of FT 009's that are a blast.
They're brushed and their replacement, the FT 012 is even more amazing.
I've kicked tail on anything Traxxas has that floats and brushed with these puppies.
And the beauty of it, they are self-righting.
Traxxas DO NOT self-right...
What do you do when, and you know it happens, the boat goes bottom-side up?
If you're interested, PM me and I'll sell you mine, I'll make a sweet deal.
I was running them in the surf in San Diego, when I'd go to see [RIP] :( Dad.
No kidding, exaggeration or bologna; you hit the surf coming in and launch into the air 3 to 6 feet.
I'm running, having a blast, guys stop to watch, get entranced, then their Wifely Units pull them to "look away", then drag them away.
You'd think it was p0rn, the way those stuffy wives acted, LMAO.

I have a pair of FT 009's that are a blast.
They're brushed and their replacement, the FT 012 is even more amazing.
I've kicked tail on anything Traxxas has that floats and brushed with these puppies.
And the beauty of it, they are self-righting.
Traxxas DO NOT self-right...
What do you do when, and you know it happens, the boat goes bottom-side up?
If you're interested, PM me and I'll sell you mine, I'll make a sweet deal.
I was running them in the surf in San Diego, when I'd go to see [RIP] :( Dad.
No kidding, exaggeration or bologna; you hit the surf coming in and launch into the air 3 to 6 feet.
I'm running, having a blast, guys stop to watch, get entranced, then their Wifely Units pull them to "look away", then drag them away.
You'd think it was p0rn, the way those stuffy wives acted, LMAO.

I will find out soon when i pick up my ft012 today.
I found about this little boat and jumped on hobbykings sale for $74 rtr.
I've never been a boat person so it's a good cheap entry to it but ft012 is supposed to be pretty good value.

Cheers

I will find out soon when i pick up my ft012 today.
I found about this little boat and jumped on hobbykings sale for $74 rtr.
I've never been a boat person so it's a good cheap entry to it but ft012 is supposed to be pretty good value.

Cheers
Good move!
The FT012 series came out right after I bought my 009's.
One tip or suggestion; bypass the "water safety cut-out".
There are some contacts that allow the prop to run only when the boat is in water.
They are most unreliable and are the only downside to an FT.
Look it up on YT, there are 4 small screws, gather the 4 leads and connect them all together. EZ PZ.
This is RC man, to hell with safety! Muahahahaha!

Good move!
The FT012 series came out right after I bought my 009's.
One tip or suggestion; bypass the "water safety cut-out".
There are some contacts that allow the prop to run only when the boat is in water.
They are most unreliable and are the only downside to an FT.
Look it up on YT, there are 4 small screws, gather the 4 leads and connect them all together. EZ PZ.
This is RC man, to hell with safety! Muahahahaha!

Luckily ft012 no longer has this feature. At least mine has no feature where it runs only when in contact with water.
I found out the hard way when I plugged in the battery and gave throttle to have small amount of the grease flick into my eye!
Haven't run it yet due to weather here but hopefully able to run it within few days

Cheers

Luckily ft012 no longer has this feature. At least mine has no feature where it runs only when in contact with water.
I found out the hard way when I plugged in the battery and gave throttle to have small amount of the grease flick into my eye!
Haven't run it yet due to weather here but hopefully able to run it within few days

Cheers
If you lived in FL, you could run it in the living room.

For a budget option, check out the Feilun FT011. 650mm deep V with a 4s brushless water cooled power system for $125 rtr. Do a google and YouTube search, they have a pretty big following.

Yes go for the feilun ft011 great boat ! Get some spare propellars and extra battery because they empty quick.
But tons of fun !!

the word budget and boat do not go together at all
Feilun ft011 is the best !!
makes that what you saying a joke because it can !!
A boat for budget price

The ft012 had it's first run today!
It was fun and fast. I did notice I had to bring it in few times to drain the water bc it's not a water tight hull.
But everything went fine and it was totally worth the $75 :)
If someone's wanting to get into rc boat for cheap I'd recommend this boat no doubt.

Cheers

The ft012 had it's first run today!
It was fun and fast. I did notice I had to bring it in few times to drain the water bc it's not a water tight hull.
But everything went fine and it was totally worth the $75 :)
If someone's wanting to get into rc boat for cheap I'd recommend this boat no doubt.

Cheers
Yes, they sell a "water-proof" tape for RC boats, but it's easier to do as you discovered; run, drain, repeat.

Tip :
Fill up the boat with toilet paper specially on the back thats what i do with my feilun ft011
That wil suck up any water that will come in the boat.
Empty battery change the paper and battery and go another round !

LoL*

Every year I seem to end up on some vacation/ long weekend on a lake somewhere. I'm all about the fishing in the morning and relaxing with a cold one (or 5 or 6 lol) in the evening, but I gotta get me a boat for the afternoons. You can only float around on a tube for so long!
What's a good boat for a once or twice a year voyage out on the lake?

Anybody have any recommendations?
Proboat make awesome rc boats.i have a few from pro b .the shockwave is a awesome little boat .26 " on 3 s and it's a fun little bastard.

I have a problem with not checking the dates of when threads were created.lol🤣🤣
Thanks for letting me know Mr liberty 🗽
👍 boats in the snow work great.but not dry snow.must be a nice mixture of wet and dry

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_015323303.jpg
    IMG_20210731_015323303.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 28

Thanks for letting me know Mr liberty 🗽
👍 boats in the snow work great.but not dry snow.must be a nice mixture of wet and dry
Whoa 🤩 I got a like from the master him self .mr 🗽 .I don't believe I have the honor to get a great reply from Mr liberty.but I'll take it.maybey someday when I finish my build .Mr liberty can throw me another like or maybey even a 😍.from the master builder him self👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back