Typhon Broke a rear shock shaft, lost my mind, bought Tekno full option shocks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think alum caps, delrin guides, coated shafts...anything else different? I also wondered...

Also maybe of interest...I have the kit for the NT48.3 Front and they are much longer than the ET48.3 kit (have both.)

I have both the ET and NT shocks as well and they are the same length. Are you sure your short ones are not EB or NB?
The difference is truggy or buggy length shocks. I would think that the buggy shocks would be a better fit for the typhon.
This is from Tekno's website:
Available in 3 different shock lengths (measured shock cap center to pivot ball center):
107mm (SCT410/SCT410.3/EB48/EB48.2/EB48SL/NB48 front shock)
122mm (SCT410/SCT410.3/EB48/EB48.2/EB48SL/NB48 rear shock, ET48/NT48/EB48.3/NB48.3 front shock)
137mm (ET48/NT48/EB48.3/NB48.3 rear shock)

I have both the ET and NT shocks as well and they are the same length. Are you sure your short ones are not EB or NB?
The difference is truggy or buggy length shocks. I would think that the buggy shocks would be a better fit for the typhon.
This is from Tekno's website:
Available in 3 different shock lengths (measured shock cap center to pivot ball center):
107mm (SCT410/SCT410.3/EB48/EB48.2/EB48SL/NB48 front shock)
122mm (SCT410/SCT410.3/EB48/EB48.2/EB48SL/NB48 rear shock, ET48/NT48/EB48.3/NB48.3 front shock)
137mm (ET48/NT48/EB48.3/NB48.3 rear shock)

Edit:
Yes, after some more research, I see you must be right. Thanks again, I've mounted the NB fronts with the green springs and will have a test soon :)
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipPEqbDW1R7frhOqPT8cYG0mPvlM-oR0QSbdNzfg
So far, the shorter kit, already shows more articulation/travel.

Last edited:
Pictures of "Kraphon" with Tekno full option shocks. Enjoy! .......I sure am...... :)

These are 100% bolt on in the back (122mm) and 95% bolt on in the front (107mm). You will need to take a hobby knife and trim a very small amount of the A-arm to make the beefy tekno rod end fit on the front (see red arrow). It's super easy and takes about 1 minute to do. Don't forget to get a 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock tower holes.

It's an awesome upgrade. See the following post for how I feel about these shocks. In short, it transforms your buggy or truck. They are worth every penny.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/tekno-shocks-on-kraton-i-had-no-idea.4064/

Will 107mm and 122mm shocks fit as good on a stock Typhon?
Man those look great!
Pictures of "Kraphon" with Tekno full option shocks. Enjoy! .......I sure am...... :)

These are 100% bolt on in the back (122mm) and 95% bolt on in the front (107mm). You will need to take a hobby knife and trim a very small amount of the A-arm to make the beefy tekno rod end fit on the front (see red arrow). It's super easy and takes about 1 minute to do. Don't forget to get a 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock tower holes.

It's an awesome upgrade. See the following post for how I feel about these shocks. In short, it transforms your buggy or truck. They are worth every penny.

Will those shocks fit on a stock Typhon as well? Is the 4mm drilling required by the Tekno shocks stand-offs?

Will 107mm and 122mm shocks fit as good on a stock Typhon?

Will those shocks fit on a stock Typhon as well? Is the 4mm drilling required by the Tekno shocks stand-offs?
Yes, it works the same, and the 4mm holes must be drilled. I also will add, I bought the normal stand-offs which fit, but clearance was very tight, like paper thin. I have since switched to the extended version, but I don't think it really matters much for my uses...

What springs come on these??
I just got some tekno yellows for my kraton and theyre very nice so want the same for my typhon... The site i got them from have shorter ones listed but no pound rate stated like the longer ones...
Any part numbers??

What springs come on these??
I just got some tekno yellows for my kraton and theyre very nice so want the same for my typhon... The site i got them from have shorter ones listed but no pound rate stated like the longer ones...
Any part numbers??
Mine came with the green springs...HTH

Do you know what length?? Or was the a part number?
If i wind the shock collars back the long ones will probably fit... But i'd rather get the right size.
If youre not sure its all good... I'll email the guys where i got the kraton ones from.

For the rear, I got the one from dollarhobbyz. They list ...
Shock Springs, 1.6x10.0T, 90mm, Green Code, 4.20 lb/in (Part # TKR6081)

I bought the front Nitro Buggy kit, and it came with...
Shock Springs, 1.5x9.5T, 65mm, Black Code, 3.59 lb/in (Part # TKR6048)
I did replace them with stiffer yellow Tekno buggy springs (IIRC =TKR6092 1.6x8.0T 5.60 lb/in)
I think they are truggy fronts, but I will need to double check what I ended up with.

Last edited:
Thanks Mate....
The set i was looking at just has 1.5 x8t x 70mm black spring - yellow.

I'll go through and have a look what else they have and check part numbers.
Its the only place in Aus that sells tekno stuff but post is bugger all and they only take a few days to get.

Thanks for the help :)

Pictures of "Kraphon" with Tekno full option shocks. Enjoy! ....

So how do the mx28s go??
Ive got the trenchers on mine and since ive done my springs and the tyres have worn a bit the traction is pretty ordinary now so im needing some more bite.

Do they grip good? Balloon lots? Steer good or bad?

That looks so SWEET!!! Killer job brother. Know I'm late to the party, but holy cow did you build an AWESOME Truggified.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back