Black friday/cyber Monday deals??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I had the Tower Holiday Trifecta:
  1. Purchased HPI Q32s for Christmas gifts, used coupon, earned e-cash.
  2. Purchased a HPI Savage Flux XS for myself, used coupon, earned e-cash.
  3. Found the Green Nero on sale for $100 off, used coupon, used e-cash, acquired for only $270!
I remember thinking 1/8 scale was too big, but the deal was too good to pass up. It's now my favorite vehicle because it hauls driving over my lawn and through the woods and snow. Too bad about the Traxxas patent trolls killing it despite lay-down shocks being prior art.

I am wondering if a 2018 Typhon would be a good acquisition this season. My XS Flux is fun, but struggles a bit in taller grass and tends to flip a lot - it seems a Typhon may split the difference nicely.

I purchased the Nero last year as well,, waiting on Towerhobbys deal of the year again.. hoping for a close out 2017 senton

So I was stuck in traffic and started thinking… Which 1/8 6s model will Tower put on sale. Of course, I don’t have any hard info, but looking at the past -

Last year was Nero, before that was Senton, so probably neither of those will be on sale this year. Plus the whole Nero line is backordered till Traxxas goes away.

Kraton just had a good clearance sale a few months ago, so probably not the Kraton.

Talion had the biggest facelift of the V3’s. Seems to me that would make it NOT the black Friday deal.

That leaves the Typhon and Outcast.

Typhon goes on sale somewhat often, but I have not seen it discounted recently.

Outcast has – as far as I know – never been discounted.

I could see either of these being the BF deal. I’m gonna guess it will be the Outcast – it was the “big news” last year, plus the V3 really didn’t change it much, so it would not get a v3 bump in sales that the other models probably had.

Personally, I want a v3 Senton, but would be excited to get either a Outcast or another Typhon too. If I picked up another Typhon, I would probably convert my existing buggy to a MT, so out of the two, I would prefer the Outcast to go on sale.

My .02

Last edited:
I was holding out to see if the Talion would go on sale, but doesn't look that way. Debated between that or the Kraton, but since I already have an Outcast, the Talion seems to a better addition to the lineup.

Tower typically puts out coupons a little more than the every day 10% for holiday season.

Amain deal on the Outcast - $450
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...r-monster-stunt-truck-silver-arad84ss/p568555
I think this is the V1 version "This product was added to our catalog on November 22, 2016." However, they also have it marked as "Note: Manufacturer does not allow using discount coupons" - which I though was for only the V2 Outcast.

Anyway, small discount for the Outcast.
The 449.99 is Version 1. Version 2 is 499.99. if that helps anyone. As far as the discounts go, thats standard for some manufacturers so models I don't think matter.

Is there $50 worth of improvements between the 2?

Yeah, I'd say it's worth the extra $50.

Improvements, taken from a post last year
  • Adjustable oil-filled shocks with 4 mm shafts boost durability.
  • Stiffer servo mount.
  • Stronger bulkheads.
  • Stronger front and rear chassis braces.
  • Stronger front hubs.
  • Shock cap protectors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back