Senton Big Squid Senton Mega review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall B rating isn't to shabby at all.

They are fairly positive about the truck.
Especially about how it handles!

Now it is just waiting for the BLX versions to be announced! Looking at the history, this could take a whole year...

If the price is right in the next coming months, I will get one and add a 2800kv brushless motor in it.

Isn't there already a BLX version? I thought that was the one I bought? What am I missing?

Hi Dopema. You bought the original Senton, yours is a BLX 6S capable. This 4x4 is a new entry vehicle released this year. Yours is on Version 3.

Which is another chance to say -

GREAT JOB ARRMA! You now have 2 different 4wd SCT's with the same name, in 2 different price categories, with 100% different parts. Chaos will ensue.

Arrma - If you are reading this - Change the name of the 4x4 MEGA SCT - and quickly! It really should have been a 4x4 Fury. Or bring back the Mojave name as a 4x4. Or come up with a new name, but NOT SENTON. New buyers will be confused for as long as this lasts. Ordering parts will be a nightmare.

Which is another chance to say -

GREAT JOB ARRMA! You now have 2 different 4wd SCT's with the same name, in 2 different price categories, with 100% different parts. Chaos will ensue.

Arrma - If you are reading this - Change the name of the 4x4 MEGA SCT - and quickly! It really should have been a 4x4 Fury. Or bring back the Mojave name as a 4x4. Or come up with a new name, but NOT SENTON. New buyers will be confused for as long as this lasts. Ordering parts will be a nightmare.
The truck itself probably is a great machine, but I completely agree with the name choice being absolutely horrible. When I first saw it was called the Senton my first thought was "they made the current Senton BLX with a 2s/3s setup so that it can race in the stock class." Then I did more research and saw that it didn't share a single part and thought "what the hell is wrong with them?" LOL

Between the naming of the vehicle and finding out that it has 14mm wheel hexes, it makes me wonder who is doing the common sense thinking with new vehicles.

Amen!

Arrma's marketing department has left the building somehow!
If there will be a BLX version of the 4x4 Mega's the chaos will be complete!

Indeed the current Senton BLX is a 1/10 scale truck body on a 4-6S 1/8 scale 4x4 "buggy" platform.

Originally the 1/10 scale Slash body fitted a 1/8 scale buggy since a real truck is also much bigger than an average road car. Thus creating the confusion.

A brushless 2-3S 4x4 platform is what is missing in the current line-up.

Hi Dopema. You bought the original Senton, yours is a BLX 6S capable. This 4x4 is a new entry vehicle released this year. Yours is on Version 3.

Yeah, I get it. People were wondering about the brushless version coming out. They already have a brushless Senton. There is already a Senton BLX, so why would they make another one? Dumb move by Arrma if you ask me. They should name it something else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back