Big Rock Big Rock temperature protection or LVC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegriffin84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I was running my truck today on some new Hobby Star 8000mah 3s 100c batteries. I typically run Hobby Star 5200mah 3s 45c batteries. Today the truck just stopped and would not go. The fan was running and I felt like it was way to soon for the LVC to be kicking in. I shut the truck off for a second and turned it back on and off she went. Then it cut out again so once again I turned it off and on again and off she went. I was able to do this 4 times then finally I just brought the truck in so I could jump on the forums and get some clarity.

I really don't think it was temperature but, I will check tomorrow with a temperature gun. It could be LVC but wouldn't the truck refuse to run if not after the first reset but after the second third or fourth??? I mean at the point the voltage should be so low the truck instantly just cuts power upon powering up. I wish there were some damn indicator lights telling me what it's doing, LVC or Temperature or Fault. I don't think there is too much rolling resistance all of the wheels spin nicely and the mesh seems to be about right but maybe it's to tight???? I realize that I can see if the mesh is to tight by using a temp gun which I will do tomorrow.

I am just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience or if with the little information I was able to provide shed some light on this.

I had the same problem when I was running trencher x tires. I think it drops the battery voltage too low for a second under acceleration which tricks the LVC to kick in. Are you running larger tires? If so, you may be able to solve your problem with a pinion with one or two less teeth.

I had the same problem when I was running trencher x tires. I think it drops the battery voltage too low for a second under acceleration which tricks the LVC to kick in. Are you running larger tires? If so, you may be able to solve your problem with a pinion with one or two less teeth.
Actually yes I am running ProLine mx38's.... I will put the old tires back on and see if the same behavior occurs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually yes I am running ProLine mx38's.... I will put the old tires back on and see if the same behavior occurs. Thanks for the suggestion.
I just bought the MX38's and put them on but haven't tried them yet. How do you like them? I am worried that hitting top speed may be hard with ballooning.

I had the same problem after putting on proline Badlands. My motor was getting too hot and causing shutdown. Motor got fried and is now replaced but I did swap out the 15t pinion for 13t. 14t probably would’ve been ok. After getting hot, my motor was shrieking.

I just bought the MX38's and put them on but haven't tried them yet. How do you like them? I am worried that hitting top speed may be hard with ballooning.
I know this is a bit late.... But when I lock the center diff the ballooning is minimal. When I don't lock the diff I just ease into the throttle if I. Going for top speed to so as not to shock the tires. If i am just doing short acceleration bursts I hammer it full trottle for 1 or 2 seconds... I haven't exploded a tire yet...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back