Typhon Better wing mounts/wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rtodasr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've had my Typhon for approximately 7 months now and have replaced the wing mounts 3 times and the wing twice (I know it helps to keep it on it's wheels)! Looking for parts that don't twist up without spending $$$. Other than that i'm pretty happy with it .

Hot Racing, Tbone Racing and Rpm all make wing mounts. I'm not sure what other wings would work, maybe the Proline Trifecta.

I have the Hot Racing wing mount and it is very sturdy. Some bad jump landings that have obliterated the stock mount, have not even bent this one. The stock 204mm wing fit perfectly, as does the 224mm wing (AR480002.)
HTH

Last edited:
I think it was either a thread here or a video on YouTube, the Tbone Racing wing mount is not a direct bolt on if you are running aftermarket shock towers.

You need something that will flex.... Not too rigid otherwise you will transfer the impact to another areas like possibly the shock tower or diff case... Look at the YouTube from Aussie RC Playground about a custom wheelie bar made from Senton parts and some traxxas small wheels.. Maybe you can do something like this....here is the link....

I have the Hot Racing wing mount and it is very sturdy. Some bad jump landings that have obliterated the stock mount, have not even bent this one. The stock 204mm wing fit perfectly, as does the 224mm wing (AR480002.)
HTH

Have you broken anything that the wing mount attaches to being that the mount is so sturdy now ?

Hot racing makes two mounts. There’s an almost stock and this one for the Kraton

1D76986B-EF85-4DD7-93BA-7D1E80CEB9EE.jpeg

I love the RPM mounts. Very flexible and have yet to break them. Plus they are longer so more options on wing choices

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back