Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Best pinion to run in Outcast?

Discussion in 'Outcast' started by thatyellowjeepguy, May 18, 2017.

1. thatyellowjeepguy

thatyellowjeepguy Well-Known Member

is the 16t ok to run for bashing also? Is there a happy medium between the 12 and 16t. Also what's a good aftermarket pinion to get that's stronger than an arrma pinion. Part numbers would be appreciated!

2. Mikuri

Mikuri Well-Known Member

The highest you can without overheating :p
    There is a pinion for about every tooth from like 10t to 22t from Arrma, but you could try Tekno pinions if you want another brand. They have from 11t to 30t :p

thatyellowjeepguy likes this.
  3. Rich Duperbash

Rich Duperbash Well-Known Member

I've run the 16 tooth almost since day 1 on 6s, awesome fun, no heat issues to speak of. Robinson Racing Extra Hard, #1216.

Buck likes this.
  4. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Well-Known Member

I run a 15 tooth Tekno mod 1 pinion on mine. Not much difference between that and a 16 tooth. No overheating and good speed and torque

5. slpcrf450x

slpcrf450x Well-Known Member

I have a 14 in mine. I think your driving style will determine how hot you get. My motor was getting too hot with the 16 tooth. I tried it on both the 185 motor and the blx200. You'll just have to try it and see how hot you get. For me the 14 tooth is still wildly fast.

Rich Duperbash likes this.
  6. Drew82302

Drew82302 Well-Known Member

I honestly like running my outcast with the 14t. The 16t my motor was getting way too hot

7. jonUF02

jonUF02 Well-Known Member

Monitor your motor Temps with IR heat gun after a good run. Try to stay under 180 max temp. Each tooth you step down will probably lower temp about 10 degrees. The one you end up with will depend on your conditions and driving. Robinson Racing extra hard is the way to go. Part number 12XX depending on tooth number.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer