Kraton Best heat sink fan for stock motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use a splitter on the esc fan power output and cover it with heatshrink tube, works perfect!

Link for splitter:
Y Servo Leads (JR) Servo Y Splitter Cable For RC Models 7cm
http://s.aliexpress.com/FjEfUBBF
(from AliExpress Android)

And looks like this:

20170622_234914.jpg

So have I got it wrong, connecting my fan to the 'B' port on my rx?

Last edited:
That's where mind plugged in and it's been working fine.

That's where mind plugged in and it's been working fine.

Thanks buddy. Mine's been working fine but I was worried I may have been overloading the port...

Incidentally, with a 14t pinion and on 4S I'm still getting really high motor temps - even with the C4 - and a really warm battery, too. Any idea why? I'm not driving at WoT all the time and I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
If it's already hot out side it don't take much for them temps to jump up. So it may not be anything your doing wrong....or anything you can help lol. You can also eliminate what the problem is by removing the motor and checking for resistance along the drive line and such.?
Have you check you mesh lately?

Thanks for the input JK!

Yeah, checked the mesh and everything seems fine. I've also checked the drive-line and there's no binding or resistance that might be causing undue stress on the motor, either.

I had been using a 4S (3600mAh 30-40C Turnigy) and a 14t Tekno pinion and in normal driving I'm getting high motor, ESC and battery temps. Even with the Hobbywing C4 heatsink.

I'd never seen this before, but my battery even puffed a little and stayed hot for AGES so I know it was working hard (it has subsequently returned to normal size).

Have I over-geared it with the 14t pinion?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the gearing lol. That question may need to be left for someone else but the puffing lipo is not good. It kind of sounds like your trying to pull to much power from your batteries. Do you happen to have one with a higher discharge rating you could try? Other than that I'm not sure what's going on lol.

@JvG is right. Need at least 45c. I would stop using that battery before it catches fire and burns up your rc lol.

Thanks guys - I feel such a dummy!

Just hit HobbyKing and bought 2x Basher 4000mAh 65C 6S Hardcases.

F this 4S nonsense! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back