1. $125 Tower Hobbies Gift Card GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

Dismiss Notice

Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bent Senton chassis

Discussion in 'Senton' started by cnnr27, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cnnr27

cnnr27 Active Member

So I bent my chassis and rear shock tower all to hell and broke the rear brace. The new brace is on order and I was debating about getting a new chassis. From what I can tell the kraton/tailon chassis is basically the same just longer. Would there be any benefit going with the longer chassis or would I just be setting myself to have to change other parts to fit?

2. stewdogg

stewdogg Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much a longer chassis would help? Plus, like you said, I think you might have to switch over too many parts to make it worth while.
    How did all the damage happen?

I have been running a tower to tower brace on my Senton lately and it really keeps everything solid. You might want to look into making one of those when you get yours back together.

3. cnnr27

cnnr27 Active Member

Just running it like an idiot :). Got the rear chassis brace back on and everything seems to be running ok. Do you have a link to the tower to tower brace? Assume it's pretty easy to put together?

4. stewdogg

stewdogg Well-Known Member

Haha, I feel like running like an idiot is where I shine.:)

I don't have a link to one, but they are indeed easy to make. I have some footage of it that I should put up on my youtube channel.

I just went to my local hardware store and grabbed a 2' length of 3/4" square stock.
    I cut it to over hang the towers a half inch to an inch. I then took a dremel and hack saw to make the notches that fit over the shock towers. I make the notches about 3/4 of the way through the square stock. Take a couple zip ties and crisscross them around the tower and square stock, two for the front and two for the rear. Strong and easy!
    You will need to cut out a little bit of the middle body brace for the square stock to go through. I haven't had any ill effects from cutting the brace on either my Senton and Kraton.

Have any video of running like an idiot?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer