Senton Bent Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senton Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
I hit a tree at about 3/4 speed mid flight. Bad driving for sure. No excuses. But the only 2 parts that are damaged are the front drive shaft and the chassis. From all the nose first dives I've seen on YouTube from 15 feet in the air it seems a bit odd that it would cause the chassis to buckle. Anyone ever replaces the chassis plate befor? What am I looking at in terms of the job? Easy, hard, how much time?

Cool.......:cool:
You must have hit at just the right spot...:blackeye:
I think you will have to sink about 3 to 5 hours wrenching at it...:cigar:
I just made one Kraton out of two...And it took me about 12 hours to build it up again...:smug:

Happy wrenching...

Erik
aka Aflan...

Sorry to hear, I've seen guys re use the same chassis after a dead head on. Just a little bit of black smithing unless the bend is too great and stressed the metal or its cracked.
Either way you'll Have to take everything off the chassis whether you're keeping the same one or replacing it. +1 on happy wrenching

I would you all that wrenching to do some well deserved maintenance.

Add about 3 to 4 hours, make it a weekend deal, it will be worth it.

To me its cheap to use the same chassis, its hurt, and that bend is gonna come back on the next bad landing.

That happens when you are too much fun. I bent the chassis on a 1/5th X2, (Losi 5ive clone), $100.00 chassis only, total came around $200 adding up bent a-arms, blown ball bearings, bent dog bones and sway bar, cracked front shock...

Yea I have a new chassis plate on the way with drive shafts. Once metal bends it's kinda done. Plus there is a ton of work involved so I'd prefer to do it right. Figured I might as well swap out all the bearings as well. I'm just hoping the diffs are good. There is literally no other damage I can see. Bumper, body, all looks good right now. Let's hope it stays that way when I get into it. Kinda unbelievable nothing else is broken. Must have been a hell of an impact.

View attachment 12262 View attachment 12263 I hit a tree at about 3/4 speed mid flight. Bad driving for sure. No excuses. But the only 2 parts that are damaged are the front drive shaft and the chassis. From all the nose first dives I've seen on YouTube from 15 feet in the air it seems a bit odd that it would cause the chassis to buckle. Anyone ever replaces the chassis plate befor? What am I looking at in terms of the job? Easy, hard, how much time?
That's pretty impressive. The senton is the most durable ARRMA car I got and it's taken some big hits and I have only had to replace bumpers luckily. I'm still an RC noob but it looks to me like ur gonna have to transfer everything to a new chassis. I haven't done it myself but my buddy has and he said it took him about 4 or 5 hrs to do. But he's pretty mechanically inclined so i have him do any major repairs to my RC cars. And he gets it done within a day. But I guess whatever you have to do will be a good learning experience.

Although this is an old thread, it's useful to point out that aluminum chassis braces help mitigate this type of damage. Important upgrade if you're going to be doing huge jumps or smacking immovable objects mid-air.

Although this is an old thread, it's useful to point out that aluminum chassis braces help mitigate this type of damage. Important upgrade if you're going to be doing huge jumps or smacking immovable objects mid-air.
Yea I didn't even notice this was a 2019 thread until you pointed it out 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back