Ballooning easy fix for Badlands and trenchers tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishing store on the way home!

** update **

Well that didn't work for poop. First bit o' juice and bye bye fishing line. Probably try it another half dozen times 'cause what else am I going to do with 40 bucks of fishing line.

Srsly, I can not be the only fool who can't keep the tires on the wheels. This is asinine.

**update **

Wrapped the all get out last night. looks pretty good this morning. About 8 times around, two wraps, on trenchers which if I read the rcinterwebz right should be a bit of a laugh for everyone. Stay tuned!

** update **

Pretty quick run and it held. It actually performed quite well. A quick inspection of fishing line leads me to believe it won't last long. It's as if all the glue spun off the line. Plus I think the short forays into some gravel did some damage and I'll have to keep off that stuff or it'll cut the line. So, I'll call it a partial success. Again, didn't spend much time, but I really like the handling dynamics. Pretty excited about that.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll check that out. ... been trying to add an avy but that's not working. Just not my day.

Im thinking of using large zip-ties, but going perpindicular (yep, put $.80 in the jar) to rotation going through the rims, putting the buckles to the outside if the rims. Will update soon, waiting on a steering block- dang tree jumped right out in front of me.

Hi Guys,
I have glued a Kevlar fishing line into the inside of my Badlands mx43s and it works fantastic!!!!!! I have a 16tooth pinion on the motor so pretty fast and 6S. I picked it up and let the wheels spin free for a minute or so and it holds up perfectly. I wrapped it around about 8 times and glued it on with tyre glue. The one you would use to glue the tyre to the rim. It is just fanatastic. no ballooning at all and tyres have pretty much same characteristics in terms of softness and stiffness. The only thing that is a real hassle beside having to mount the tyres yourself is getting the Badlands unmounted from Proline. I had to write several e-mails before they would sell them to me. BUT eventually they did :)

Hi Guys,
I have glued a Kevlar fishing line into the inside of my Badlands mx43s and it works fantastic!!!!!! I have a 16tooth pinion on the motor so pretty fast and 6S. I picked it up and let the wheels spin free for a minute or so and it holds up perfectly. I wrapped it around about 8 times and glued it on with tyre glue. The one you would use to glue the tyre to the rim. It is just fanatastic. no ballooning at all and tyres have pretty much same characteristics in terms of softness and stiffness. The only thing that is a real hassle beside having to mount the tyres yourself is getting the Badlands unmounted from Proline. I had to write several e-mails before they would sell them to me. BUT eventually they did :)
Did you take any pictures you can post? I am trying to imagine how you glue fishing line onto the insides of your tires? It's got to be a painstaking process? And messy?

unfortunately not, because I wasn't sure is how it would work out. But what I can share is my first try with a Kevlar thread (not Fishing line) that I glued in with shoegoo. basically what I did is turned the tires inside out. Then I put the foam in and used a srew in the rim to fix it to a drill. once you got your first turns it is a piece of cake and not messy at all. it works fine aswell but the tyre glue - fishing line version is far more superior. However it will still have to prove how durable it will be. Il post a video on how they perform on the rig :)
Here is they video from my previous trial.

Duct tape on the inside of tires works great. Taping and gluing is a big time killer though. As others have said, I wish a company (Proline??) would make a premount with some sort of built belting to prevent ridiculous amounts of balloning.

I get very little if any ballooning what so every on these #HPI #Racing Street Belted Tires that are 17mm hex for my v3 KRATON! My v3 came with the stock dBoots Minokawa tires but they are a bit heavy. Instead of switching out the higher pinion, I need a pair of street bashers anyhow! My current stock record on the low pinion I can get 85 / 88 and 89KM's! I think with these new street tires and how light they compared to the dboots Minokawa tires, I AM looking to break 90KM's today OR HIGHER!

Also, I glue all of my Tiers with #Dynamite Medium CA Adhesive. I just run a thin line around the inner part of the wheels.

glued my ProLine Trenchers
Glued my dBoots Backflips which is my favorite off road tire by the way.

**For more videos click the Subscribe button or stay connected with me on any of the social media platforms below**

My New YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz058axKQ3wzShJclEW6inA
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Uplift-RC-23...
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/RcUplift

v3 Kraton Red Body Shell.jpeg

HPI racing street tires 3.8.jpeg

Hi Guys,
Pix please or a video?

Last edited:
I have used quite a few tires in my time for a 1/8s scale and the 1/10 scale Trucks. Here is my experience with these brands below:

dBoots Minokawa stock Pre-Mounted (Ballon)
ProLine Trenchers Pre-Mounted (No Ballooning)
DuraTrax Bandiot 3.8 street tires (Ballooning)
DuraTrax Pre-Mounted Lineup (Ballooning)
DuraTrax - Six-Pack MT 3.8" Pre Mounted Tires (Ballooning)
Dboots Sidewinder - (Ballon)

My two favorite tires for Street & Off Road.

HPI Racing Phaltlines (No Ballooning)
dBoots Backflip MT 6S 3.8 17MM HEX (No Ballooning)

Attachments

• $_32.jpeg
    $_32.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 44
  • ARAC8795_a0.jpeg
    ARAC8795_a0.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back