arrma typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangion

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hi
i have a arrma typhon and is cutting Signal after 5min driving it then i switch off the car and turn it on again and everything come to normal then after 5min more driving it will do the same problem
can someone help please
thanks

What batteries are you running?

Have you tried rebinding the radio and receiver?

What do you exactly mean by cutting signal? - like no steering and throttle response or is it like you have steering but no throttle?

hi justatree

yes it is having steering but no throttle
and the esc is flashing green light when this happens
thanks for your answer :)

Don't know how well you know lipos and everything, so please don't get upset at the question, but what batteries are you using and what voltage is it at? From what you describe it sounds like the ESC is hitting the low voltage cutoff.

Piecejointe that's sounds good men :)

hi chevys10zr2003
the battery is a lipo 6s 6000mah 100c and it is brand new
i think it is going to safe mode because it is geting hot maybe because the battery is very power full before i was running it whit 2 lipo battery 3s 5000mah 45c and they were puffing (get balloond) to understand me now i change to this battery 6s and no battery problem but this is happening

and when i go easy on the THROTTLE it don't cut signal

for me making 1+1 i believe it is going into safe mode because of hi temp but i am not sure

Last edited:
Piecejointe that's sounds good men :)

hi chevys10zr2003
the battery is a lipo 6s 6000mah 100c and it is brand new
i think it is going to safe mode because it is geting hot maybe because the battery is very power full before i was running it whit 2 lipo battery 3s 5000mah 45c and they were puffing (get balloond) to understand me now i change to this battery 6s and no battery problem but this is happening

and when i go easy on the THROTTLE it don't cut signal

for me making 1+1 i believe it is going into safe mode because of hi temp but i am not sure
What voltage is each cell reading?

Following up to what they are asking about the voltage reading, what charger are you using? If the battery and charger checks out then there could be an issue with the esc.

It isn't necessarily cutting out since you still have steering but maybe the esc detects low voltage and is cutting it off too. If your batteries read a good voltage you might have to reprogram the esc to a lower cut off - if that's still a thing for these stock electrics.

And you never set it to no cut off if you are able to program it because lipos are no joke to mess with when puffed or discharged than it's recommended lowest voltage.

To check your voltage you can check your charger when it is balancing it, or you can buy a voltage alarm. Someone please correct the name for the voltage alarm since I'm not sure if that is what it is really called.

4.2v per cell
That is weird then. I was thinking like @justatree was, that since you still have steering but don't have throttle, it most likely isn't a receiver/transmitter problem and that sounds exactly like what happens at the low voltage cutoff. It sounds like it could be something with the ESC but it also could be an issue with the new battery as your previous batteries didn't have this problem. Do you have another car that you could try the battery in to test it out?

That is weird then. I was thinking like @justatree was, that since you still have steering but don't have throttle, it most likely isn't a receiver/transmitter problem and that sounds exactly like what happens at the low voltage cutoff. It sounds like it could be something with the ESC but it also could be an issue with the new battery as your previous batteries didn't have this problem. Do you have another car that you could try the battery in to test it out?

no i do not have another car
but i think the issue is esc hot temp cut off

Do you feel the esc is also not sending enough power to the motors? I have the 2wd platform cars, but my esc was like this... I had a lack of power and early cut off, there could be a possibility that you have a faulty esc, if you have 4s try it out on different power and see if the problem persists... Also don't use your puffed battery that's a no go.

yes everything stock and i am running 20t pinion and 115mm diameter tyre street tyres
Yeah the high temp protection could very well be the cause of this. I use the stock pinion, I believe 12t, for my Typhon and I haven't had a problem. I believe that the large pinion like that are only good for high speed passes and not for continuous driving but I am not 100% sure. You could try a smaller pinion and see if that helps matters.

Do you feel the esc is also not sending enough power to the motors? I have the 2wd platform cars, but my esc was like this... I had a lack of power and early cut off, there could be a possibility that you have a faulty esc, if you have 4s try it out on different power and see if the problem persists... Also don't use your puffed battery that's a no go.

no the power is almost the same no with 4s battery it do not make it the problem but with the 4s battery everything stay morwme cooler

Yeah the high temp protection could very well be the cause of this. I use the stock pinion, I believe 12t, for my Typhon and I haven't had a problem. I believe that the large pinion like that are only good for high speed passes and not for continuous driving but I am not 100% sure. You could try a smaller pinion and see if that helps matters.

yes just now i try some smaller tyers and the problem is gone i think is the stress of the big grip tyers and the big pinion 20t is making a lot of stress on the esc and is getting hot and is going into safe mode

no the power is almost the same no with 4s battery it do not make it the problem but with the 4s battery everything stay morwme cooler

yes just now i try some smaller tyers and the problem is gone i think is the stress of the big grip tyers and the big pinion 20t is making a lot of stress on the esc and is getting hot and is going into safe mode
Oh ok, that's the issue, with your high speed pinion and larger tires it causes the motor to heat up very quickly and since you are constantly running it. If you want to run the larger tires I think you should run the smaller pinion especially if you are also offroading since the larger pinion is just for speed as it will put more stress on the gears.

Oh ok, that's the issue, with your high speed pinion and larger tires it causes the motor to heat up very quickly and since you are constantly running it. If you want to run the larger tires I think you should run the smaller pinion especially if you are also offroading since the larger pinion is just for speed as it will put more stress on the gears.

yes i think that is the problem no i do not offroad i only do speed runs but to be honest i go a little bit heard on the car :D now if the problem persist i will change the esc to a max 8 esc they say it is very good for the arrma typhon

You could try a 16t or something to see if it works good for you. Let us know what you try out and what works for you.

i will my friend
and big thanks for sharing the help :)

Mine did this only on 6s when ran 4s it didnt. it would cut throttle all together and steering worked fine. For me it was the esc so i just installed a max 8 np ever again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back