Typhon Arrma Typhon speed runs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTG Phildog! Nice to see your Typhon back in action.

Other than the body / shocks changes you did for the GT conversion, are there and other changes? Well, new ESC too.. :) IS the setup under the lid still the same as your last 140 run?
No different setup also. Running a tppower motor and xlx esc. Running erevo shocks up front and typhon in rear. With nero springs. Stepping up to 8s soon.

142 today with the typhon gt.. check it out.

Can you tell us your Motor/ESC combo as well as your gearing?
150mph is crazy... O.O

Futaba 3pm-x. It's not a problem at all.

This is likely considered tame (or lame?) to just have a stock speed run.. but it's my first try on 6S LiPo power ever! I wanted to see how fast it is on stock tires and the included optional 16T pinion. Not bad.. no GPS onboard to verify but it was very quick and should have been aprox 100 kph or 60 mph. Time to buy bigger pinions!

just crazy, today everybody knows tppower/posideon motor castle xl2, low profile shocks, grp tires and spool, now the big secret is the pionion and spur gear sizing, once you figure out the formula you can be fast demon like phill, but this secret is one that hard to crack (-:

What's up Phildog! It's guys like you that have inspired me with your amazing runs. I'm new to the hobby. Been tinkering with rc for a few months now and so far have hit 168kph (didn't record it) but have a few 167kph/103.7mph runs recorded. This is my most recent. The set up is twin blx 185 systems running a locked center spool and 3,34t gears for 1:1 ratio. I might over gear with a 25t spur soon and see what numbers I can get. Also trying to find some more powerful batteries. Which is difficult due to the size restrictions I'm faced with using the dual set up. Lemme know what you think! Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. If it were me I would quit withe the dual setup. Go single typhon motor with a castle mm2 esc. Good 6s battery (turnigy graphene 5000) with grp on car geared 34/34. 120mph. No lvc setting on mm2. But your doing well. Keep pushing. Youtube?

Thanks for the kind words. If it were me I would quit withe the dual setup. Go single typhon motor with a castle mm2 esc. Good 6s battery (turnigy graphene 5000) with grp on car geared 34/34. 120mph. No lvc setting on mm2. But your doing well. Keep pushing. Youtube?
Did the video in my above post work? Cause they don't work from here for me. But I did put them on youtube.

Sorry didn't see it. Making short runs too. Impressive.
I'm going to see how far I can take the dual thing. Partly because it's different and also (I could be wrong here) it cuts way down on the load and heat generated by the load produced by the super high gearing. And yes, I haven't really stretched it legs yet with a really long run. I blew out an xo1 tire the day of the video. Came unglued and all the foam flew out at about 90mph. I'm going to start messing with wings and aerodynamics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back