Typhon Arrma Typhon speed runs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all good.. thanks guys.. even with the fire I'm happy with 140mph..

hey @phildogg , did you use stock esc to get 120mph? and with what gearing?
Right now im completely stock and I was able to 89 with 28/42 gearing, I then tried 34/38 gearing and it seemed like my motor was cutting off at top throttle and the GPS wasnt working so im not sure what speed I was at before cutting off.

Next im going to try 28/38 to see if that works without the motor cutting off.

no i never used stock esc. Sound like it has current limiting so it cuts out under heavy throttle..

yes sir, always ran a mm2, then moved to xl2

This buggy is amazing.. stock motor still . added a heatsink and fan for insurance but pulled out 120 today on 6s
comment like subscribe.

Hey whats up man, i know this thread is a few months old but im trying to get my typhon up to 100mph. Besides gearing change what else did you do to get there. I have a mamba monster 2 and a poseidon 2200kv motor in my typhon right now. Did you do anything to the suspension like shortening the shocks or anything? I also have grp wheels so any other advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey whats up man, i know this thread is a few months old but im trying to get my typhon up to 100mph. Besides gearing change what else did you do to get there. I have a mamba monster 2 and a poseidon 2200kv motor in my typhon right now. Did you do anything to the suspension like shortening the shocks or anything? I also have grp wheels so any other advice would be greatly appreciated
Yes sir crank down your droop screws to lower the buggy, and trim the lip off of the wing. Make sure to warm up grp with a burnout and you are on your way.

anyone got part # or where to order Spur and pinion gear?
pinion is no problem, but the 42 or 38 tooth spur doesn't show on Arrma parts list only 50t which is stock?

anyone got part # or where to order Spur and pinion gear?
pinion is no problem, but the 42 or 38 tooth spur doesn't show on Arrma parts list only 50t which is stock?
sorry for the late reply, make a spool.. Take a 5mm rod cut to length, add flat spots on ends for arrma cups and a flat dpot for spur gear(5mm pinion) and you are set.

This buggy is amazing.. stock motor still . added a heatsink and fan for insurance but pulled out 120 today on 6s
comment like subscribe.

Sweet...Are you running a spool or stock diff...what kind of gearing

What size pinion and spur??

New personal best guys! 140mph Arrma Typhon..

Damn.....140... spool or stock center diff? What king of gearing are you running to hit 140??? Nice work

Sweet...Are you running a spool or stock diff...what kind of gearing

What size pinion and spur??

Damn.....140... spool or stock center diff? What king of gearing are you running to hit 140??? Nice work

Yes a spool i made gearing is dependent on motor choice so my gearing wouldn't really help you.

Turned my buggy into a gt car. here is my latest pass with it. comment, like subscribe

WTG Phildog! Nice to see your Typhon back in action.

Other than the body / shocks changes you did for the GT conversion, are there and other changes? Well, new ESC too.. :) IS the setup under the lid still the same as your last 140 run?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back