Kraton Arrma Kraton stock body alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vacuum form plastic parts for a living.if you have questions maybe I can help.
Thanks for the offer daver! Will hit you up if I run into problems. I think as long as I get the temp right for the material it should go well.
Fingers crossed. LOL
34989_600.jpg

I almost ordered the pro-line desert raid body but got another Bajr body instead, and now I see this has been discontinued! Dadgum!! I really like the lines on this one to...
12345.jpg

I just grabbed that Parma Grave Digger, for $26. Only bummer is that it is already painted Gloss black, and come with all the grave digger decals. I doubt the decals will make it onto the truck, probably just the windows, Then maybe I'll add some stickers, or maybe just leave it gloss black. I ordered the Outcast body posts and mounts, hopefully that is enough to get it done.

I too prefer the monster truck look and covering the rear shock towers. I used tmaxx/emaxx proline body mounts

I just picked up the same body but still need to grab the body mounts. Do you happen to have a pic of how you mounted the Proline mounts? I'm not sure what it comes with and by the looks of what's included I don't understand how to properly mount it to the Kraton shock towers.

Any idea if this new body will fit the Kraton? It's ugly but I'm always looking for something different:

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/guardian-clear-body/

I LIKE THAT TOO!!!!

Here are the specs for that Proline. Says it fits the Asscociated Mini MGT
Length: 18" (457mm)
Width: 7.88" (200mm)
Height: 6" (152mm)
Wheel Base: 12" (305mm

And here are the specs from the Parma Grave Digger, which we know fits. Says it fits the Asscociate MGT 4.8 and MGT 8
Here are the specs for the Parma Grave Digger
Length: 20-1/4" (541mm)
Width: 7-5/8" (194mm)
Height: 6-5/8" (168mm)

Looks like the Proline is a bit smaller.

Im running proline desert militia. Had to cut the rear off to accommodate the rear tower but it has been pretty durable overall. This is only my first body as I got my Kraton as a roller bit I'm guessing most bodies will need some trimming to fit.

Attachments

• 20170130_092540.jpg
    20170130_092540.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 232
Jconsepts Bajar
Heavily reinforced with fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo. I don't think I'll ever replace this body. The shape makes it rugged, And roll back over almost as good as vw body. Over a year with it now and only cosmetic damage. Not running paddles now that the snow melted. So much fun on 6s in the snow lol. Cheers!
Ps mounted with proline screw on cap style body mounts. Also super tough never broke on I also think it helps cause the body won't blow out at the mount as easy as the stock mounts.

Attachments

• 20170103_222239.jpg
    20170103_222239.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 207
Jconsepts Bajar
Heavily reinforced with fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo. I don't think I'll ever replace this body. The shape makes it rugged, And roll back over almost as good as vw body. Over a year with it now and only cosmetic damage. Not running paddles now that the snow melted. So much fun on 6s in the snow lol. Cheers!
Ps mounted with proline screw on cap style body mounts. Also super tough never broke on I also think it helps cause the body won't blow out at the mount as easy as the stock mounts.

Looks great after a year, hope my VW bug lasts the same. First time I've done a bug and as you mentioned here I am hoping is durable and rolls over nice with the shape.

Back