Arrma/Hobbico Vs Traxxas Settled?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
I'm hearing chatter the Arrma/Hobbico Vs Traxxas lawsuit was settled?
So far the rumor/whisper mill is saying Arrma will cease production of products with the "lay-down" style shocks.
I've turned up nothing concrete on Google searches.
Of course, if they settled out of court, the terms would most likely be confidential.
Anyone else hear anything?

Thanks,
Steve

Cat.jpg

The Schumacher Top Cat was released in 1988 and is one of many designs over the years that has used lay down shocks. If it is true, not sure why ARRMA would agree to that since it would eliminate some of ARRMA's best performing/selling models.

Best regards,
Brian

View attachment 11919
The Schumacher Top Cat was released in 1988 and is one of many designs over the years that has used lay down shocks. If it is true, not sure why ARRMA would agree to that since it would eliminate some of ARRMA's best performing/selling models.

Best regards,
Brian

Maybe it's also the way in which they mounted them? Not just the fact that they lay down? I'm just throwing ideas out there as to why it may be an infringement on their design.

Oh no this Formula 1 car is using a similar shock setup as the Revo, Traxxas should sue them too.
3c.jpg

Here's a Tamiya car with lay down shocks.
f201.jpg

Another Formula 1 car.
s1_1.jpg

Here's a Google search: "traxxas lawsuit hobbico settlement" with the pic below of the results.
When I click the link, I get a "sight can't be reached" message.
Notice the part underlined in the pic.

1 suit.JPG

You know I didn't see Team Associated sueing HPI when HPI released the Firestorm, without the body on the Firestorm looks very similar to the RC10T4.

HPI Firestorm

chassis.jpg

RC10T4

3_4_Front_BodyOff_md.jpg

It is actually pretty funny how many parts for each of those trucks are interchangeable.

I guess the real question is, did Traxxas patent the shock geometry? If so, who knows, they may license it to Hobbico. After all, Microsoft did patent the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys in 2008 despite Xerox having them on a keyboard in the mid-seventies.

Traxxas is just pissed Arrma made their stuff look inferior....
Because it is.
Ever looked at a Nero and erevo side by side?? No comparison! The Nero is obviously of higher quality. I've not owned either of them but looked at both in the shop the other day.

Traxxas is just pissed Arrma made their stuff look inferior....
Because it is.
Ever looked at a Nero and erevo side by side?? No comparison! The Nero is obviously of higher quality. I've not owned either of them but looked at both in the shop the other day.
Yup, Traxxas was jelly that Arrma made a much better product, that just happened to have a shock layout that is similar to theirs.

Like I said in the other thread, you don't have to make a better product than your competitors you just have to have deeper pockets and better lawyers.

Maybe instead of suing everyone Traxxas should listen to its customers and fix the problems with their own products. Then maybe they would actually be able to compete with Arrma.

For an Arrma Forum, we sure are talking a lot about Traxxas nowadays. I love my Kraton and I also love my Xmaxx, which by the way Traxxas at first advertised as unbreakable, boo hoo e. I may be done with Traxxas, not because I don't like their products, but because of their spiteful lawsuit against hobbico. Traxxas is advertised as the best-selling RC out there, but it does not mean they are best in quality. All of us Bashers all know that there is not an RC truck out there we cannot break. Was out bashing 3 weeks ago, a total of 4 Xmaxx showed up, only mine went home Unbroken

Traxxas is advertised as the best-selling RC out there, but it does not mean they are best in quality. All of us Bashers all know that there is not an RC truck out there we cannot break. Was out bashing 3 weeks ago, a total of 4 Xmaxx showed up, only mine went home Unbroken

Traxxas was taken over by the accountants. They doesn't care about anything but $$. They spend more money on advertising than Product Development/Improvement.

I have a Fazon and Nero Big Rock....I did notice the Tower has all the cars/trucks with the lay down shock set up temporarily out of stock. I'm not biased but I do think Arrma makes better looking products with or without the body on.

I keep seeing mentions of the shock geomgeom possibly being the reason for the suite but frankly it's different ..

Look, I love my revo - it does a lot of things better than any thing that came before it. But the Nero - while sharing some similarities - is a very different machine in numerous ways.

The biggest problem is that traxxas claims they (arrma/nero) are trying to pretend to be or could somehow be mistaken for a traxxas revo - personally that is absurd - even a mentally challenged child wouldn't confuse the two.

Too bad the the servo guards & pivot links are so close to the revo design as well .. If they were more different traxxas would have a tougher time in court...

Super upset the Nero is no longer available - I really wanted one ..

Oh no this Formula 1 car is using a similar shock setup as the Revo, Traxxas should sue them too.
View attachment 11925

Here's a Tamiya car with lay down shocks.
View attachment 11926

Another Formula 1 car.
View attachment 11927

yes that is the tamiya F201 released in 2003 it was released prior to the revo. also look at the tenth technology predator ( original) and streetwise vehicles. arrma hobbico can easily with a legal battle against traxxas without question. simple internet research would prove traxxas isnt the first to have an inboard shcok arrangement nor are they the first with a patent to have shock mounted inboard to arms using rockers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back