Talion Are metal chassis braces absolutely necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14tat

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I like to keep the truck as light as possible, also I have read that it is good to have slight flex to get better bite in the corners. I don't jump my truck that high. Maybe 6-8 feet height and maybe 35 ft distance at most. I also don't try to do back flips or anything. I feel that if I started to add certain things, I will not stop adding more aluminum. The only aluminum thing I have now are the voltage racing servo mount and skid plates. I also have a carbon fiber rear shock mount since I bent my factory one in the first 15 minutes of running.

Thanks.

The "Flex is good" is racing talk. If you are track running, or mosly just fast ground bashing, and not huge jumps, then the stock braces will probably be OK. With my Kraton and Talion, they did OK until my first skate park trip. Then the chassis flex make the body tear out at the rear mounting holes. :eek: My Kraton later broke the rear brace, so I replaced both with GKA aluminum. I have not noticed any more body wear from flex at the rear posts.

I have to agree... Flex in the chassis puts all your drive train under stress and possible misalignment.. Good idea to install the braces then set up your drive train to mesh correctly and show your diffs if required. Cheers

I don't have a skate park so I don't think I will ever put the truck through that much abuse. I do have my rear body ripped. This was after I put spacers in the rear body post to push it more forward. So I guess the body damage is caused by my chassis flexing

6-8 feet up and 30 feet out is enough to do damage, you still have to figure in speed. And all it takes is one bad landing.

My buddy has metal chassis braces and there is still a good bit of flex. He is looking for a tower to tower brace...

Hot Racing chassis supports are very lightweight, still allow for some flex, and ultimately better protect your rig. 6-8 feet up with a bad landing, especially at speed, can definitely break the stock supports. They're pretty critical for protecting the chassis and center driveline and one of the main upgrades I'd highly recommend.

So it is decided. I will make the order soon at my local place. You know for a vehicle that really doesn't need much, can't help but keep putting money into it. I enjoy it though, much more than my real cars give me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back