Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Aluminum chassis

Discussion in 'Granite' started by sldnx01, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sldnx01

sldnx01 Well-Known Member

Anybody make a aluminum chassis for the granite? I want to rebuild the whole thing in as much alum as i can find

2. slick2500

slick2500 Well-Known Member

I thought the Arrma Granite BLX chassis was aluminum. Is it just plastic now?
    Sorry for necroing an old thread thought I was reading new threads.

#2 slick2500, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. solidbase

solidbase Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

4. TheMightyAtom

TheMightyAtom Well-Known Member

If it's durability you want, I would encourage you not to do this. More aluminum doesn't necessarily mean more durability. Most aluminum parts have no flex to them, and they do not absorb the shock of impacts very well. They will transfer that shock to whatever plastic components remain in your vehicle. You're just moving the points of failure to other parts of the vehicle.

It's a lot cheaper and easier to stick with plastic composite material for components like A-arms, body post mounts, bumpers, etc. It's better that they break first, rather than bigger and more expensive components like shocks, bulkheads, and chassis.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to bling out your ride, go for it.

Ces'tLaVie likes this.
  5. Ces'tLaVie

Ces'tLaVie Well-Known Member

Hi sir. I bought a month ago my granite mega and I'm just wondering if the other factory models have parts that are already made of alumunim or is it that the one I purchased is just all plastic? I have attached my granite in this post for your reference. Thank you very much!

Regards,
    Ces'tLaVie

Attached Files:

6. TheMightyAtom

All of Arrma's 2WD vehicle's --- the Granite, Raider, Vortex, and Fury --- are primarily plastic. And that includes both brushed and brushless versions.

You get a lot more metal with the larger 4WD 1/8 scale vehicles --- the Kraton, Typhon, Talion, Nero, and Senton.

Ces'tLaVie likes this.
  7. Ces'tLaVie

So meaning parts like the camber links for the granite mega are all plastic across different versions? I'm just wondering why are other units of mega have aluminum turnbuckles straight from factory and others have plastic ones? Thank you!

8. TheMightyAtom

From the pictures I'm seeing on Arrma's website, all of the 2016 Mega vehicles have plastic camber links and turnbuckles. I don't own any of them personally, so I can't confirm for certain.

You may be thinking of earlier versions of the Mega vehicles. Prior to 2016, the Mega lineup came with many more metal parts. Arrma apparently reduced the quantity of metal in these models after 2016 in order to lower their prices.

For example, here's the 2013 Granite: https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/2013/granite/mega/

And here's the 2016 Granite: https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/granite/mega

Notice that the 2013 has way more metal components.

Hope that answers your question.

Ces'tLaVie likes this.
  9. Ces'tLaVie

That explains it. If you'll compare both the 2013 and 2016 versions, what will be your verdict as to the performance and durability of the vehicles? I actually own the latest version (all plastic), however I still haven't run my arrma yet hehehe thank you sir! :)

10. TheMightyAtom

They'll both have similar performance. Again, as I don't own either of them, I don't know about the durability first-hand. But from what I've read, the 2013 Mega models are much tougher than the 2016 models, probably because of all the metal parts they have.

Enjoy your Arrma vehicle!

Ces'tLaVie likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrma fury chassis

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer