Aluminum chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the Arrma Granite BLX chassis was aluminum. Is it just plastic now?
Sorry for necroing an old thread thought I was reading new threads.

Last edited:
Anybody make a aluminum chassis for the granite? I want to rebuild the whole thing in as much alum as i can find

If it's durability you want, I would encourage you not to do this. More aluminum doesn't necessarily mean more durability. Most aluminum parts have no flex to them, and they do not absorb the shock of impacts very well. They will transfer that shock to whatever plastic components remain in your vehicle. You're just moving the points of failure to other parts of the vehicle.

It's a lot cheaper and easier to stick with plastic composite material for components like A-arms, body post mounts, bumpers, etc. It's better that they break first, rather than bigger and more expensive components like shocks, bulkheads, and chassis.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to bling out your ride, go for it.

If it's durability you want, I would encourage you not to do this. More aluminum doesn't necessarily mean more durability. Most aluminum parts have no flex to them, and they do not absorb the shock of impacts very well. They will transfer that shock to whatever plastic components remain in your vehicle. You're just moving the points of failure to other parts of the vehicle.

It's a lot cheaper and easier to stick with plastic composite material for components like A-arms, body post mounts, bumpers, etc. It's better that they break first, rather than bigger and more expensive components like shocks, bulkheads, and chassis.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to bling out your ride, go for it.
Hi sir. I bought a month ago my granite mega and I'm just wondering if the other factory models have parts that are already made of alumunim or is it that the one I purchased is just all plastic? I have attached my granite in this post for your reference. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie

Attachments

• received_1625777627472544.jpeg
    received_1625777627472544.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 90
Hi sir. I bought a month ago my granite mega and I'm just wondering if the other factory models have parts that are already made of alumunim or is it that the one I purchased is just all plastic? I have attached my granite in this post for your reference. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie

All of Arrma's 2WD vehicle's --- the Granite, Raider, Vortex, and Fury --- are primarily plastic. And that includes both brushed and brushless versions.

You get a lot more metal with the larger 4WD 1/8 scale vehicles --- the Kraton, Typhon, Talion, Nero, and Senton.

All of Arrma's 2WD vehicle's --- the Granite, Raider, Vortex, and Fury --- are primarily plastic. And that includes both brushed and brushless versions.

You get a lot more metal with the larger 4WD 1/8 scale vehicles --- the Kraton, Typhon, Talion, Nero, and Senton.
So meaning parts like the camber links for the granite mega are all plastic across different versions? I'm just wondering why are other units of mega have aluminum turnbuckles straight from factory and others have plastic ones? Thank you!

So meaning parts like the camber links for the granite mega are all plastic across different versions? I'm just wondering why are other units of mega have aluminum turnbuckles straight from factory and others have plastic ones? Thank you!

From the pictures I'm seeing on Arrma's website, all of the 2016 Mega vehicles have plastic camber links and turnbuckles. I don't own any of them personally, so I can't confirm for certain.

You may be thinking of earlier versions of the Mega vehicles. Prior to 2016, the Mega lineup came with many more metal parts. Arrma apparently reduced the quantity of metal in these models after 2016 in order to lower their prices.

For example, here's the 2013 Granite: https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/2013/granite/mega/

And here's the 2016 Granite: https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/granite/mega

Notice that the 2013 has way more metal components.

Hope that answers your question.

That explains it. If you'll compare both the 2013 and 2016 versions, what will be your verdict as to the performance and durability of the vehicles? I actually own the latest version (all plastic), however I still haven't run my arrma yet hehehe thank you sir! :)

That explains it. If you'll compare both the 2013 and 2016 versions, what will be your verdict as to the performance and durability of the vehicles? I actually own the latest version (all plastic), however I still haven't run my arrma yet hehehe thank you sir! :)

They'll both have similar performance. Again, as I don't own either of them, I don't know about the durability first-hand. But from what I've read, the 2013 Mega models are much tougher than the 2016 models, probably because of all the metal parts they have.

Enjoy your Arrma vehicle!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back